Gun Season

kykevin

Gun Season

Postby kykevin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:00 pm

Gun Season Starts This Weekend. I Hope To See Some Pictures Of TAll those Deer Posted On Here.
-=It's not a passion. It's an obsession.=--

rweyman

RE: Gun Season

Postby rweyman » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:36 am

I will do my best to comply with your request!! I assume none fell during the quota hunt at Kleber/Rich last weekend. Good Luck to all this weekend and stay safe. I can't wait to see how everyone does, Happy Hunting and Shoot Straight!!

rweyman

Postby rweyman » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:04 am

I had a great start Opening morning at 7:20 I had a doe go thru and at 7:30 a good buck was coming straight at me. He turned and started trailing the doe and I got a broadside shot at 75 yards. I fired and the deer went down, I watched him for 10 minutes and he wasn't moving. I started packing up my stuff to go get him and 4 does started coming down the hill toward him. I was watching them and when they got about 40 yards from him, he got up and went into the thicket before I could get my gun picked up and on him. I could see his rack thru the brush but I could not get a shot thru the thicket. The does turned and walked back the way they came from and I saw him bed down. I waited until 10am before I moved and I saw him get up and I tried a shot at him thru the brush, but he just kept moving up the hill deeper into the thicket. I pulled out hoping he would go and bed back down and expire, I came back at noon and started looking for him, but after 2 1/2 hours of looking and only finding good blood in the area where I first shot him and in 3 beds I lost blood. I searched the hillside and the creek for more sign but could not find him or anymore blood, plus if he kept moving the way he was going he would be on another property and I did not know who owned it to get permission to search their property. It still makes me sick thinking about losing him, this is the first time I have lost a deer since I first started hunting 25 years ago. But here are a couple pics of deer that my hunting pals took on opening day in Pendalton Co.

rweyman

Postby rweyman » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:07 am

Here is picture of another one taken by a hunting pal in Pendalton Co. It wouldn't let me post it with the other.

rweyman

Postby rweyman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:31 am

Here is a picture of another Pendalton Co. buck taken by a friend that I work with. He believes this the same deer that he shot with a muzzle-loader 2 years ago and never found.

CAmpMEat102

Postby CAmpMEat102 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:15 pm

By any chance do you work for NKWD?

rweyman

Postby rweyman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:59 am

Yes I do, CAmpMeat. I finally got to put my tag around a good buck while hunting in Carter, Co. this past weekend. He's a good young deer with a good inside spread of 18". I proud to put my tag on him. I shot him at 150 yards and was impressed with his spread so I pulled the hammer on him. I can only imagine what he may have looked like in a couple years, but its to late for that now. The land owner also took a real nice 9 pointer on Sat. morning.

rweyman

Postby rweyman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:00 am

Here is the picture of the land owners 9 pointer.

CAmpMEat102

Postby CAmpMEat102 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:29 pm

That's funny.......just seen Mike the other day, and he had said he shot a nice buck.  Then I came on here and had so see his ugly face. j/k.  Also, couple of nice one's you've got too.  By the way where at Independence do you live?  Can't be to far from me.

rweyman

Postby rweyman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks CAmpMEat. I would have liked to seen Mike's deer the first time he had a crack at him. He said his rack was larger and not messed up on the right side the first time he got a shot at him. I live in the Williamswood Subdivision, how about you? There are a couple other guys on this forum from the N. Ky area. Have you had any success this year so far? I guess it has been a slow year for the guys from Ky here on the forum, hopefully everyone will have better luck in the days to come, bring on the pics of those deer!!!

Next

Return to Kentucky