Time To Check Draw Results

kykevin

Time To Check Draw Results

Postby kykevin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Dont forget if you applied for a quota hunt you can log on to the kdfw website and see if you got drawn. I was lucky to get drawn for the Kleber/Rich hunt the first weekend of November.
-=It's not a passion. It's an obsession.=--

shaman

RE: Time To Check Draw Results

Postby shaman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:33 am

The year after I met KYHillChick, she was all over having me apply for the Beaver Creek hunt.  She said everyone tried to get in, but sometimes it'd take you 10 years to get drawn.  I did.  Shortly after that, we got engaged.  Shortly after that  we made plans for going to Jamaica to get married.

Much to my surprise, I went out to the mailbox one day and found out I'd been drawn to hunt Beaver Creek.  When KYHillChick showed up after work, I told her the good news, but then informed her that it conflicted with the trip to Jamaica.

"Oh!" she cried. "That's wonderful!  We can get married anytime.  Getting in at Beaver Creek is MUCH more important."

"Darlin'"  I said. "There is no way I'm going to keep from marrying you. Any woman that would feel that way about my deer hunting-- she's a keeper."

I don't think I've applied for a KY hunt since, but it's been because I landed my farm shortly after that.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

kykevin

Postby kykevin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:43 am

Sounds like one heck of a girl. I always apply to kleeber/rich becauseitborders the backside of our farm.

2Poppa

Postby 2Poppa » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:18 am

kykevin-
I got drawn for the Kleber & Rich Quota Hunt for this year. Just exactly how does that work? I just got the maps I requested yesterday,kind of late if you ask me.

Is there a particular place we check in? Will they notify me prior to the hunt,October 7th & 8th,of where and when to meet?

Any advice will greatly be appreciated ...

kykevin

Postby kykevin » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:30 am

The check-in is at the check station on the Kleber portion of the property, its the 2nd left after you pass through stamping ground. You have to check in before you hunt and check out when you are done for the weekend. I have some better maps and other information I will round up and could email it to you if you like. Most people seem to hunt on the Kleber portion, but I prefer the Rich wildlife portion. Let me round some info up for you and ill get back to you. Congrats on getting drawn.

2Poppa

Postby 2Poppa » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:30 am

I just re-read your first post and realized you got drawn too!
Congratulations to you too,Kykevin.

Will the Ky. Dept. Of Wildlife send me any paper work,or information pertaining to the Quota Hunt,as to time and the address?

I assume your talking about the 2nd left headin' North on Rt.227,out of Georgetown.

If you will ,Kykevin,shoot me an e-mail at:

zz2poppa@yahoo.com

unclebo

Postby unclebo » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:22 am

zz2poppa@yahoo.com
i got drawn to. it my first time up there i got drawn 4 years ago but my little girl had a play so i didnt go. but i'm going this year. my wife said if i go shes leaving dang im going to miss her. i went up there today talked to the game warden he said you can checkin on friday if you want to. 175 people at one checkin station on saturday morning i think im going back up friday and checking in that way i can go straight to where im going to hunt. he advised me to stay away from the power lines or i would have someone setting in my lap he said thats where everybody goes im going over on rich. found some nice rubs and 2 scrapes only problem cant hunt to far from truck incase i get a good one hard to drag by myself hope to see you there

2Poppa

Postby 2Poppa » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:11 am

unclebo-
I've been huntin' and scoutin' Rich for quite sometime too. The bucks are roaming and cruising lookin' for love. I hope this warm weather we are having Saturday and Sunday doesn't shut them down too much.
Matter of fact, a buddy and me are leaving in a few minutes to get a little bow huntin' in, as we hunt a farm adjacent to the WMA. We too will be checkin' in Friday night...
Good luck Unclebo,get a big one down!

Let me know how you do!

Return to Kentucky