How has the winter treated you?

shaman

How has the winter treated you?

Postby shaman » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:00 am

I was down visiting deer camp last weekend and I was surprised at how little damage I had. Quite a few cedars were bent over, and there were limbs down here and there.  The neighbors said the power was off for 8 days, but that's normal for our area in the winter. 

Let's see: 2 years of drought. EHD.  Ike in September, Ice in January, and a nasty wind storm in February.  What's next:  a plague of frogs?

How has the winter been for you all?  I hear LBL is shut down and will remain so for some time to come. 
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Everyday Hunter

RE: How has the winter treated you?

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:59 am

My exposure to the outdoors is limited geographically, so I can't speak for everyone in northwest Pennsylvania. However, despite lots of snow and enduring cold, I think the deer and turkeys in my area have done well. Maybe my assessment will change as I get out more in the next week or so, but I'm encouraged right now.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

hilltop

Postby hilltop » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:53 am

It's a pretty sad situation here in w.ky. ol buddy. There are so many trees down I have not been able to get down one trail, plus the weather has not been good enough to do much clearing. That being said I am seeing plenty of wildlife about so I do expect good hunting for turkey and deer.[:)][:)]

Southern Man

Postby Southern Man » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:43 pm

Yea not good in west KY at all. I was suprised at my lease in the south part of the county recieved very little damage from the ice storm. LBL got hammered too. I've been needing to get up there for some winter scouting but haven't been able to. The whole place was closed for a bit. Parts are open now I believe.
We can't continue to do the same things over and over and expect different results

Return to Kentucky