Great Ky Deer!!

SpitnDrum

Great Ky Deer!!

Postby SpitnDrum » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:22 am

Its been awhile since I have stopped in on this forum.Reading over the knew news I have been missing out on alot.I just want to say that all you on this forum are a great bunch of folks and its a pleasure to share this great sport of deer Hunting with all of you.

After the outbreak of EHD last year in Ky.I have had a hard job tracking down a good buck in my neck of the woods.I spent numbers of hours in the timber last year just to find  deer floating in the near by swamp.I counted as high as 12 deer in one hole dead from the desease.Good thing this outbreak was Isolated in spots and not completly state wide.I managed to pinpoit a great group of deer this summer and stay up with thier travels.Good use of trail cams put me in the spot I wanted to be in on Nov. 14.....Heres to Good scouting....I cant say it enouph now.You have to know the ground your hunting on.

Goose

RE: Great Ky Deer!!

Postby Goose » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Congrats, thats a stud son!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

bowhunter01

Postby bowhunter01 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:31 am

hey man, im new to this site. im 16 years old and i live in ky. and you could deffinantly say (big buck down) well nice dear man and hopefully we could talk more cya
bowhunter01

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:00 am

Thanks fellas.Check out his chest patch right above his legs.Its bare.That tells me he has been breeding hard.Ruts in full and they are in the thick.Where you find the females you'll find these jokers now in Ky.

shaman

Postby shaman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:35 am

Congrats. 

What part of the state are you hunting? I heard EHD it fairly close by me, but not like what you saw.  Luckily, I seemed spared.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

roperc

Postby roperc » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:12 pm

Hey, that's a nice buck, great job!! Hey I've got some relatives in Hawesville near Pellville is there some good hunting up there??

MHARDY

Postby MHARDY » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:47 am

nice buck it pays to be in the woods in the spring and summer. great job.
MHARDY

Return to Kentucky