Are you planning a guided deer hunt this fall?

Planning a guided deer hunt? Looking for tips in choosing the best outfitter? Discuss options here.
Woods Walker

RE: Are you planning a guided deer hunt this fall?

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:48 pm

Short answer...no.

There was a time when I would have gone for a whitetail hunt when I was at the peak of my antler addiction, but thankfully that stage of my life has passed and I can now get more enjoyment out of hunting my home ground on my terms.

In fact my "dream" hunt now would be to be able to spend 2 months down on our lease in west central Illinois. The house we have on that farm is in the middle of the farm, so if you chose not to go to town, you can be there for an indefinate amount of time with no contact with the "real" world. I wouldn't even have to hunt everyday either. Just BEING there would be enough!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:08 pm

I would have little interest in hunting with a guide. Much rather hunt alone or with friends rather than strangers. Certainly, to each his own.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

lonlon

Postby lonlon » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:12 pm

After hunting Wis my whole life, about ten years ago I decided to do some out of state hunting. I have made some great friends in Montana, SD,WY, Saskatchewan and Ontario, they are no longer strangers, all are good hunters and fun to be with. After recently chatting with Charlie A about a recent article he did in D and D Hunting maybe I should return to the state where I was born and check out the hunt there ? I know Dan S makes several trips a year with out of state guides and enjoys it. I agree with you about your Slice of Heaven in Central Ill, I started hunting as a youngster in Northern Wis, Vilas County. It was from an old logging Camp, block building that was originally only served by the a RR, it is long gone but the memories are still there, out of state guided hunts just keep adding a few more index cards to that  file in my head, Life is Good, enjoy!

krawiech

Postby krawiech » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:34 pm

i am going on a guided hunt nov 15 of this year the outfitter is carolina hunting adventures in florence north carolina has anyone hunted with them they stated dont expect big horned deer just expect to see lots of deer and to kill a few our hunt is for 5 days ive been to alabama south carolina deer hunting and quebec caribou hunting plus hunting in my home state of nj ive also hunted ny in the southern tier and the adirondacks some successfull some not always had a good time do to the people i met not the outfitters hank k

JIMMY1988

Re: Are you planning a guided deer hunt this fall?

Postby JIMMY1988 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:52 am

A man was hit by a cab in the street. He was brought to the hospital. His wife who was standing up by his bed, said to the doctor: "I think that he is very ill." "I am afraid that he is dead."said the doctor,Hearing this, the man moved his head and said: "I'm not dead. I'm still alive." "Be quiet, "said the wife. "the doctor knows better than you!"
Just then a voice called from outside the door, "If you do, I won't go."

Coach Outlet
Coach Factory Outlet

Montana Man

Re: Are you planning a guided deer hunt this fall?

Postby Montana Man » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:30 pm

We live in South East Montana (hunting district 705) and allow self guided hunts for Mule deer, Antelope, Whitetail deer, or Elk. We charge a flat rate and give the hunter or hunters a map of our ranch show them around the first day and after that we let them hunt their way. We have rustic lodging you can stay at or you can bring your own camper/RV and plug in to our electricity for no extra charge. We don't have trophy fees etc. The flat rate you pay will cover everything. We have over 10,000 acres that we split into two tracts. If you or your group schedules a hunt you will be the only ones hunting that tract for 6 days. For further information and pricing feel free to call us at 406-972-4568.

Previous

Return to Guides & Outfitters