Are you planning a guided deer hunt this fall?

Planning a guided deer hunt? Looking for tips in choosing the best outfitter? Discuss options here.
buckfarmdude

RE: Are you planning a guided deer hunt this fall?

Postby buckfarmdude » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:58 am

It's something that I dream of doing eventually, but probably not for a long time coming. Too much money. Hunting seems to cost so much anyway, and I have over 400 acres of free access woodland in Maine. 
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

Stickman

Postby Stickman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Went last year to Pike County, Illinois. Unguided on public land. Am going to Kentucky this year on coworkers family farmland. Will definately be going back to Pike County next year.

cooter

Postby cooter » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:53 pm

No Way. An Outfitter, whose name begins with I, came to our farm
in Missouri that we had leased for 15 years. Scouted the land,
marked where all our stands were, and paid the land owner 3x
what we were paying. We had 30 days to get our stands 
and go, or Mr. I said he would get us for trespassing. WOW.
 I wish everyone could do without an outfitter for one year,
and maybe prices would come down a little.

Whitetail 101

Postby Whitetail 101 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:01 am

I just found a Whitetail Hunt in Buffalo Cty. Wi. on E-bay.
Looks like a great hunt at a very reasonable Rate.
Rut hunt if you can believe it.
My Question is
1) Has anyone used E-bay to book a hunt and how did it work out ?
2) I heard Buffalo Cty. is the best P&Y Cty. in the county ?

Any imput would be great.

tbone

Postby tbone » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:39 pm

I hunt in Oklahoma where I live, but I always make a annual trip to the Ford Ranch in Texas, its not really guided per say, you have your own area to hunt in, but the guide drives you in and out and helps you find your downed game if needed. Its an awsome place and I would highly recomend to anyone interested in a guided hunt.

coach

Postby coach » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:43 pm

I would love to try a Saskatchewan Deer Hunt.
One day....
There is beautiful land and big bucks everywhere.  Something about that province and terrain I like.
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Grant

Postby Grant » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:24 am

Would love to try a guide sometime, but price is holding me back...Guess I just have to save a little longer.

tdchart

Postby tdchart » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:46 am

I have hunted deer and elk since 1957 and have never failed to get a scorable deer or elk everyyear. I go out by myself, and enjoy nature and the beauty of the animal we have in this great nation. The guide showes on TV are nice to watch but they are not for me.

Capt Tom Becker
T & D Charters
Biloxi MS

ghender426

Postby ghender426 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:38 am

Actually just returned Sunday from a guided deer hunt in Alberta with Rugged Outfitting and Todd Bunnage.  Had a great trip.  Got a nice mulie and a bear.  Hunting was tough and movement was slow we feel due to the full moon and the early part of the season, but I go with this outfitter every year and have for 6-7 years in a row.  He has some openings this fall due to cancellations and is selling hunts for 1/2 price.  If you ever wanted to go to a great place to hunt deer and a reasonable price, NOW IS THE TIME.  It doesn't get any better than hunting for big whitetails and mulies in Alberta in November.  I think he said the price would be $3,300 out the door all included, room and board and tags and lic. etc.  Nothing extra except tips....www.ruggedoutfitting.com

I am also the Illinois Ambassador for the Hunt of a Lifetime foundation.  www.huntofalifetime.org  We provide hunting and fishing adventures for kids 21 and under who have a life threatening illness all expenses paid.  We send them and their guardian anywhere in the world they want to go on a hunting or fishing adventure and give them their firearm of choice and clothing, the works.  As a matter of fact, this outfitter, Todd Bunnage, is providing 4 of our kids a hunt of a lifetime this fall FREE.  He is a great guy!!!

You can do anything you want to do as long as you put your mind to it

sharon_daley

Postby sharon_daley » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:06 am

We live in Washington state and are heading to Nebraska next month for our guided hunt. We're pretty excited to set out on this hunt because we can take 3 deer each. One buck, a doe and a bonus doe. Glad we have an F-350 to haul them all back in! :)

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Outfitters