Outfitters, who can you trust.

Planning a guided deer hunt? Looking for tips in choosing the best outfitter? Discuss options here.
harddog

Outfitters, who can you trust.

Postby harddog » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:25 am

An owner of IMB called me and wanted to work out our differences in regards to my review of services provided to me during the Nov 7-11 2009 fully guided hunt in Missouri. We have both come to a resolution based on this discussion. It appears that IMB is very overwhelmed during the peak of the hunting season and that this may have been the reason that my phone calls and emails went unanswered. By not hearing back from IMB, I assumed that they had no intention of answering my complaints, as they pertained to the services provided on my fully guided hunt. However, I wanted to say that I am satisfied with our discussions and that I may have jumped the gun in getting the word out in regards to these issues, and for that, I apologize. It appears that IMB is willing to listen and make things right by their customers. Therefore, I am retracting any information regarding my recent posts on this webpage. Thank you.

want2hunt

RE: Outfitters, who can you trust.

Postby want2hunt » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, I'd like to do a guided hunt someday (probably Elk or Moose) and stories like this scare me.

Brian

harddog

Postby harddog » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:57 am

You should be because there are outfitters that only want to push you through. However, there are very reputable ones out there and I have found them to be the smaller ones you hardly hear anything about. There is a web page called www.outfittersrating.com that is free to the outfitters. They just started the program and are getting a great response from both the hunting public and the outfitters. They already have about 300 outfitters in the program but expect to have thousands in short order. They are setting a standard by which the public can easily identify quality outfitters that are following through and providing the services that they sell.

Do prompt any outfitters that you hunt with that are not in the program to sign up as the system is simple, quick and completely FREE. So there is no reason for a good outfitter not to be involved.

I hope this helps to ease some of your fears and good luck in your hunting endeavors.

harddog

Postby harddog » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:19 am

This is a really good site use it and it will help you in planning that hunt of a life time.

Relentless

Postby Relentless » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:11 am

Harddog, I had a couple bad experiences myself several years ago.  I did have good luck on a bear hunt in Ontario though.  I have an elk hunt booked for October 2010 and I am very excited about it.  I have booked it though a booking agency....BMOA to be exact.  I have never used them or know anyone that has but, I am locked in now.  I have contacted the outfitter via email so I am hoping for a good experience especially since my wife is going as an observer.  BMOA offers hunts all around the world you should check them out.

www.worldwide-hunts.com
Bucks and does alike, if I ever lose the rush leading up to and after a kill, I will hang it up. Knowing me, that will never happen.

harddog

Postby harddog » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:09 am

Thank you I will and keep us informed on how the hunt went. That's great your wife wants to observe. Semper Fi brother and keep the faith.

Return to Guides & Outfitters