THINKING OF GOING ON MY FIRST HUNT WITH A OUTFITTER!

Planning a guided deer hunt? Looking for tips in choosing the best outfitter? Discuss options here.
HOYTHUNTER

THINKING OF GOING ON MY FIRST HUNT WITH A OUTFITTER!

Postby HOYTHUNTER » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:50 pm

WHERE SHOULD I GO? ARCHERY OR MUZZLELOADER?

IsitInTREES

RE: THINKING OF GOING ON MY FIRST HUNT WITH A OUTFITTER!

Postby IsitInTREES » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:24 pm

I think you'll get too much input on which state and county to go to.
I'm pretty much addicted to bow hunting, but I'd say on your first paid hunt...
It might be nice to be able to reach out and fill your tag from beyound 45 yards.
Just my input. 
Don't focus on the destination, Enjoy the Journey

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:10 pm

I'd go with Bluff Country Outfitters which is in Buffalo County Wisconsin.  They have some great land to hunt and you will see big bucks up there.  It doesn't matter if you do archery or muzzle loader, you will most likely get a chance at a big buck.
Scott

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:52 pm

If it were me, I'd first decide where I was going to hunt, then make the decision of how I was going to hunt there.

But to borrow a phrase from Woodstock, "It's your trip man..."  Choose a place and a method that just feels right to you...  Some guys would only want to hunt with a bow, other's wouldn't feel justified spending the kind of money it takes to do an outfitter hunt and not have the ability to shoot a bruiser that may hang up out of bow range... 

Is the experience the most important thing for you?  Will you feel good about paying for a hunt that doesn't end in a trophy wall-hanger? How much are you willing to pay for said hunt?  These are all things you have to consider and decide for yourself.

Whatever you do choose, good luck! 

jcosto

Postby jcosto » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 am

If I were you I would go for a gun hunt first so you have a little more range and you better but do lots of home work , before sending a outfitter any money, and stay away from Hadley Creek they are BAD BAD News, and their are lots of outfitters like Hadley Creek that are just as Bad

trophyhunter1

Postby trophyhunter1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:59 pm

ORIGINAL: Ben Had

J., how do I pose a question on this site? I'm as bad on the computer as I am with driving directions, and I can get lost in my own driveway. I want to find out if a button bucks "nubs" continue to grow through the winter, spring and summer before they shed. Do you know?

Go back one page, and click on New Post. You can then post your question. Far as i know, I think nub bucks drop their nubs in the spring.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

G2

Postby G2 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:00 am

Try Xtreme-Hunts in Pike County Illinois, They have an awesome deer herd with a great success rate...www.Xtreme-Hunts.com   If you are a bow hunter then I would bow hunt..Gun season in any state you hunt is allot of presure regardless of what state you hunt Ks IL Ia or Mo...

DOCoutfitters

Postby DOCoutfitters » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:51 pm

i hate to rag on anyone, im also an outfitter in IL, Hadley has ground right next to us. we had issues at first with stands pointing over our line and there hunters using our field to exit busting our deer but since the first couple years they have been good. no complaints. all these people have it right, the gun will give your chances a huge boost but for the experience man, nothing beats a bow hunt! and with the proper outfitter they have done the work to set you up for a bow kill. im in adams co. illinois if you want i can point you in the right direction. not in my direction only as i know alot of the outfitters and most are good. some bring better things to the table then other's. xtreme hunts run a good ship, hadley has a great place, and some guys kill big deer with them, some are more sour about the experience, i am more small outfit, low numbers, low pressure, budget price, equal big deer. pm me and ill help you find an outfitter man. when it comes down to it Deebz has it right. three main things have to work in. experience,price,results...

good luck!

dsconnell

Re: THINKING OF GOING ON MY FIRST HUNT WITH A OUTFITTER!

Postby dsconnell » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:12 pm

If your looking for a place to go that you wont spend a ton of money and still have a heck of a good chance to take home a good one.. Check here.. www.rushcreekoutfitters.net

I have hunted there the last 2 years and this past year I took 10 guys down and we killed 5 bucks at the end of October. Our biggest in the group was a 150" 8 point.

As an outfit last year they took 59 guys and killed 37 bucks. So dont let the price fool you. he has been in business for 4 years but he does it right. Operates on over 10,000 acres of private ground in Southern, IN.

Next

Return to Guides & Outfitters