Human decoy dummies

Share your tips and techniques on these great, but often times lost methods of hunting.
proc

Human decoy dummies

Postby proc » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:50 am

Have any of you used a Human Dummy Decoy in your treestand,groundblind ?
I have done this for many years .
This does work , and works GREAT !

It also works GREAT for detering trespassers and thieves with a Hunter Orange hat or vest on it .
Last edited by proc on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffrey B Proctor

kellory

Re: Human decoy dummies

Postby kellory » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:04 am

An interesting idea sir, and one I have used once before with a fenceline hunter too close to our hunting. However, if it is for sale on this site, you must see Big Ben first. You can reach him here : E-mail me at Ben.Sobieck@fwmedia.com.

Welcome to the forum. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:43 am

Can I get one that looks like a Muslim with a mad bomber vest on? That'd be as good a deterent as I could imagine!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

hot tamale

Postby hot tamale » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:24 pm

A few years back a group of us who have always hunted the Nicolet National Forest came across an influx of hunters and trucks parked in an area that we knew intimately and planned to hunt. we abandoned the area for our morning hunt and drove by there on the way back to the cabin. what we found were 6 hunters that had the back of their pickups full of blaze orange dummies. After talking with them, we found out that they did this to deter other hunters from entering the area. if someone walked in, they would see nothing but orange no matter where they turned.

so i thought it was a great idea, but this led to a group laying claim to public property type of situation.
as for use on private property to thwart off invaders/ trespassers is an excellent idea.

Return to Ground Hunting, Still Hunting, and Stalking