Tips and Tricks For "Ground Pounders"

Share your tips and techniques on these great, but often times lost methods of hunting.
First_Gen

Re: Tips and Tricks For

Postby First_Gen » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Thanks, I will try to keep up with it all. It looks like I may be out for the antlered opener here in PA if things go according to plan, as of today. I am out for the first weekend of early antlerless to.

This year, I am predominately going to hunt in pre planned stationary locations from the ground, with a still hunting planned once I get "comfortable" in the woods again. That really just means I need to ensure my ghillie suit is going to perform as expected, work out a few pieces of gear, and getting my confidence up on the ground overall. I know one area I hunt well enough to start still hunting at least.

The one still hunt I did last year, I had a spike buck come up about 5 yards from me and never knew what I was...without a ghillie suit. So I felt like I had done something right at least, especially with the adrenaline going. I had to force myself to relax and be still. But for the most part, I was making too much noise going through the woods that particular day.

Thanks for the help!!

Previous

Return to Ground Hunting, Still Hunting, and Stalking