Sharpening Rage blades?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Patriot

RE: Sharpening Rage blades?

Postby Patriot » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:31 am

ORIGINAL: CB on the run

"I shoot my practice rage tips with my field tips and they are very consistant..."

Mine shot identical also but the rage broadhead shot 4" low and 3" right. 

Does anyone else have issues with Rage broadheads not flying the same as practice tips?
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:28 pm

No, for me they will be right in the middle of my group if I shoot consistently. I shoot them with my field points at 40 yards and they are right in there.
These heads are thee best IMHO, again the only downfall is if they open up in your quiver.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:11 am

ORIGINAL: Patriot

ORIGINAL: CB on the run

"I shoot my practice rage tips with my field tips and they are very consistant..."

Mine shot identical also but the rage broadhead shot 4" low and 3" right. 

Does anyone else have issues with Rage broadheads not flying the same as practice tips?

I've never had a problem...My Rage's fly just about the same as my field points!
QDM!

ZEEK

Postby ZEEK » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm

I know this an old topic, but I have three Rage two blades that are in perfect shape, but I want to replace the blades, I just ruined one trying to knock the pin out with a punch and hammer, any tips? Thanks.

CB on the run

Postby CB on the run » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:44 am

Had the same problem with some of my 2 blade and almost destroyed it trying to remove the pin.  I emailed Rage, got almost an immediate response(next day), sent the head back as instructed and received a whole pack containing 3 new heads about a week later.  Great customer service! But I'm back shooting my tried and true Innerlocks.
My initial assesment of the broadhead flying different then the practice head was a tuning problem.  My bow dealer never tuned the rest he placed on the Martin Firecat I purchased from him, just 'eyed' it.

CB

mnmaverick

Postby mnmaverick » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:49 am

Mine fly like field tips, but I have the same problem sharpening them. I asked at Cabelas and the guys said to just buy replacement blades rather than trying to sharpen them, but I have found the replacements not to be all that sharp in the past either. Any suggestions on what works for sharpening?

ZEEK

Postby ZEEK » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Go back to the first page of this thread. You'll see a picture of two sharpeners, I bought the black one. It works well.
Rage blades are not that sharp out of the package, not good for $13.00 a head. They do a lot of damage, and I like the way they have performed but not being able to replace the blades if a problem for me. I'll send mine back and see if I get a new package, if not I'll go back to my 75gr wasps and 2213 arrows.
Not knowing where you are going is the best way to get
somewhere you've never been.

J. Peterman.

moonlightdelight

Postby moonlightdelight » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:18 pm

I am all about the rage broad heads they have never failed me as for sharpening them dont if they are right out of box leave them alone if you have ever used a rage broad head youll know 9-10 times they are done after you shoot them any way they get bent and what not i just go right for the replacement blades expensive yes worth it definitly!

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting