Need Bow Help

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
DeerAddict

Need Bow Help

Postby DeerAddict » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:23 am

I have a Martin Saber compound bow with a cracked top limb. I'm not sure what I should do. I want to get a new pair of limbs but I can't find any anywhere. Does anyone know where I could find some or how much new limbs cost? Thnks

metrx

RE: Need Bow Help

Postby metrx » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:53 am

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a new bow.  Seriously, you have to look into how old the bow is, where and how much the new limbs will cost you, then the cost to have them installed and the bow set up...may be worth just buying a whole new bow altogether.

passin through

Postby passin through » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Contact Martin direct and see....They have great service but getting new limbs from them take forever...If yo want to be up and shooting for October I would recommend looking for a new (or new to you) bow.  It took them right at 9 months to get me a set of Jaguar limbs.
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:44 am

get ahold of Martin, im sure you'll get a replacement for little or nothing
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

DeerAddict

Postby DeerAddict » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think i'm gonna try and make it through this bow season with the crack in the limb, even though I know I probably am taking a risk. I might call Martin to see if they could do something, but if they can't get me a replacement soon, i'm just gonna hunt as the bow is. Thanks for all the suggestions :)

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Never a smart thing to hunt with broken equipment. You owe it to the deer and yourself to make sure all your equipment is in proper working order!!! If you can't afford a different bow or fix the one you have maybe it would be best to skip the season until you can. Safety first [;)]
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

paulie

Postby paulie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:49 pm

ORIGINAL: DoeEyed

Never a smart thing to hunt with broken equipment. You owe it to the deer and yourself to make sure all your equipment is in proper working order!!! If you can't afford a different bow or fix the one you have maybe it would be best to skip the season until you can. Safety first [;)]

Took the words right out of my mouth!!

DeerAddict

Postby DeerAddict » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:50 am

Thanks guys, I'm not sure what I should do tho. I've been practicing with the bow for months now with the cracked limb and it shoots fine. I asked a guy at the pro shop and he said it's fine, but jst watch the crack and make sure it doesnt get bigger. The safe thing to do would probly just be to get a new bow, but this one is still shooting fine. Not sure what to do.

Duder

Postby Duder » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:00 am

geeze! if my bow had a cracked limb I would put it down and never draw it again until it was fixed. there is a lot of energy stored in those limbs and I don't want to be around when they go.

JBinMontana

Postby JBinMontana » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:46 pm

If I had an old compound like that, and couldn't get replacement limbs for it I would turn it into a recurve real fast.

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting