crossbow?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
jd baisden

crossbow?

Postby jd baisden » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:57 am

My kids and I are going to take up deer hunting this fall and I'm looking at buying a crossbow that we can use. I've been searching the web and I'm leaning towards the Horton Legacy HD 175. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

berudd

RE: crossbow?

Postby berudd » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:17 am

I don't know anything aboutu crossbows but if you have not already done so check to make sure they are legal in your state.  They are not always legal in archery season and that varies from state to state.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Like brudd mentioned...certain States have different Laws and restrictions on Crossbows,since You don't have a location on what State you live in someone can't give You any details if they happen to live in the same State as You?Now if your located in Missouri You can hunt with a crossbow if You have any kind of Disability and You have a Doctors order stating that You do and he has to fill out some papers from the Missouri Conservation Dept.!In Illinois I thinks its the same thing if You have a Disability or if You reach a certain Age You can get one automatically.

Be sure to check it out with your local Game Dept or Conservation Agent so You abide by the Law.

retiredsailor

Postby retiredsailor » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:38 am

Like these other folks stated, regulations for the use of crossbows are different from state to state, sometimes significantly different; therefore, it is necessary to know in which state you will hunting.
Please keep us posted is to what you eventually decide upon and how well you like it.
Welcome aboard.

Return to Archery and Bowhunting