if you could have any of these brands of bows, what would you have?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Archery_NUT

if you could have any of these brands of bows, what would you have?

Postby Archery_NUT » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:55 pm

i was just wondering what everyone thought on what type of bow would be the best and most durable? thisis just for fun and i am kind looking into getting a new bow for a reasonable price! i have a reflex excursion now it is reliable!
bad day of hunting beats a good day of school or work anytime

Powell1120

RE: if you could have any of these brands of bows, what would you have?

Postby Powell1120 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:16 pm

I am looking as well kinda been eyeballing the PSE Stinger since i don't have $800 to spend on a bow. I am interested to see what everyone says

Archery_NUT

Postby Archery_NUT » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:21 pm

i know how you feel! i dont have 700-800 dollars to drop on a new bow! but if i did have it i would go out and buy the new carbon matrix by hoyt! it looks pretty awesome and it seems to me to be a pretty good bow! but since i dont have the money i might go with a bear bow cause i can get a decent bow for 300-400 dollars! still a chunk of change but i think it might be worth it! but a hoyt bow is what i really want! i love them!

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:14 pm

I shoot a Bear Super Kodiak, and at $595.00, it's as close to a custom made recurve at half the price.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

buckfarmdude

Postby buckfarmdude » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:27 pm

I just went to Cabela's last week and shot a PSE Bow Madness. I WAS AMAZED!!!!! I think it only runs for like $500. It was amazingly lightweight and had no hand shock. I'm saving my pennies!!Image
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

Archery_NUT

Postby Archery_NUT » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:47 pm

the new carbon matrix is a bow that i would like to shoot! and see how it feels! it has a hollow riser so im guessing it is probably pretty light and cant wait for it to come out so i can shoot it! but im sure it is a pretty penny and not having a job isnt going to get me any closer to getting it! but if i can get enough money for it im all for it!

MoDeer

Postby MoDeer » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:51 pm

I did not vote for any of those . I own a hoyt v tech now but only because we do not have a local High Country dealer . I plan on driving how ever far I have to before next season to get another High Country bow. 
Johnny

If I cant make a good shot please let me have a clean miss

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:37 pm

I didn't vote for any either. It depends on what you want from a bow. Speed? Forgiveness? Lightweight? Short or long ATA? Single cam, or two cam? I'm not sure what you are expecting from a bow, so I'm not sure what to recommend.

Also, I wouldn't rule out a used bow. A lot of guys just HAVE to HAVE the latest and greatest, so they buy a new bow every couple of years. So, there are some quality used bows out there for cheap, often with little wear and tear on them.

willseyville

Postby willseyville » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:07 pm

i did'nt vote i've been using a parker bow for the last 3 years and i love it i think if i were to buy a new bow i think i would probably look at a parker first [:)] wayne

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:34 pm

No vote here either . I have a Parker phoenix EZ Draw and a Pearson TX-4 . At 68 yerars old , I don't think I need to spend $900 for another bow .
Semper Fi !

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting