Rattle

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Duder

Rattle

Postby Duder » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Hey folks,
I have a Ross CR 334 and I just recently noticed a buzzing sound after the shot. By tapping on the riser I have narrowed the location of the buzz down to the cam and idler wheel, but they both look fine and I can find no apparent reason for said buzz. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

scottflesher

RE: Rattle

Postby scottflesher » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:30 pm

inspect your string and cables very well. I have a buddy that noticed a humming noise after the shot (said it was more of a hum than a buzz) that noticed his string was beginning to frey near the cam. While we'll never know (thank goodness) what would have happened had he not found the frey, I often wonder if the bow would have blown up in his face during a shot.

Duder

Postby Duder » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:50 pm

My string looks good. I have been around when a string gave out, it's a little hairy. The whole bow flew apart, luckily nobody was injured.

dougdeweydutchmen

Postby dougdeweydutchmen » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:53 am

are you sure its not a vane on your arrow?

Duder

Postby Duder » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:16 pm

Give me a little credit, Doug. It buzzes when I tap on the riser, even when no arrows are even close to the bow.

Cgull

Postby Cgull » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:36 pm

could be worn or lose shaft bearings or sleaves. I'd have a pro shop take a look, might be a easy fix.
we should insist the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn`t an American at all

Duder

Postby Duder » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:24 am

Kinda What I was thinking, too, Cgull. thanks for the input. It isn't making much noise and is shooting fine, I may wait till the end of the season so as not to mess with my setup. Good idea or bad?

Return to Archery and Bowhunting