Improving the Archery Industry - Announcing a Unique Bow Comparator

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Bow_Explorer

Improving the Archery Industry - Announcing a Unique Bow Comparator

Postby Bow_Explorer » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that over the last few months our team have been working very hard on bringing new useful services & tools for all archers.

We are very excited to announce a New and Unique Archery Tool: Compound Bow Comparator. In a nutshell, this tool allows for comparing bows side by side: pictures, specs (at the version level), editor reviews, pros & cons, user reviews & ratings, prices. Hope you will enjoy using this tool reguralrly.

This is how it works:

1) Go to http://CompoundBowChoice.com/

2) Scroll down and visit the 'Tools -> Bow Comparator' page

3) Select up to 10 bows. Please note you can compare at the version level. For example, you can compare 2010 PSE X-Force Dream Season UF with 2009 Mathews Monster. The exact specs for the specified versions will be compared. Or you can compare different version of the same model (for example, 2008 Dream Season HF vs. 2009 Dream Season GX vs 2010 Dream Season UF)

4) Click the "Compare" button

5) Compare the selected bows - compare pictures, specs, reviews, pros & cons, ratings, and prices

Can you please have a look and provide your feedback in this thread. Do you like this tool? If so, what do you like exactly. If not, what could be improved? We worked very hard to put it all together and we are more than happy to further improve this particular tool.

P.S. Stay tuned, more unique archery tools & services are coming. We are very excited about delivering even more useful services soon.

Dave

Redarrow

RE: Improving the Archery Industry - Announcing a Unique Bow Comparator

Postby Redarrow » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:32 am

The problem I have with bow comparisons that I read in magazines is that nearly every comparison says lots of good stuff, and rarely, if ever, any serious criticism.  I understand that these magazines rely on bow sponsorships for their bread and butter but they really tend to lack objectivity. 

I also know that the overall quality of manufacture has increased dramatically in recent years, and there probably aren't too many real dogs out there any more. Still, the real key seems to be value.  A focus on what a person gets for their dollar would really help. 

Also, what kind of support is offered if you have trouble with a particular bow.  About ten years ago I had a new top-of-the-line bow from an elite manufacturer that developed limb trouble.  Getting the limbs replaced took forever, and I was nearly ready to hire a lawyer to sort it all out.  I wish I knew that in advance because I have since switched my allegiance.
[align=left] [/align]
Central Wisconsin Hunter

Return to Archery and Bowhunting