how many stands are to many?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
JPH

RE: how many stands are to many?

Postby JPH » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:05 am

ORIGINAL: danesdad

The only way I'd ever feel I had too many stands is if I couldn't hunt in each one at least one time during a season. That will never be a problem for me.

The issue here would not be an overabundance of stands, it would be a shortage of hunting days!

hunts2long

Postby hunts2long » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:01 am

WW...That must have been what Tarzan was doing...moving from stand to stand...hunts2long

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:44 pm

ORIGINAL: hunts2long

WW...That must have been what Tarzan was doing...moving from stand to stand...hunts2long

LOL! You got it! And from what msbadgie says about the number of stands she has on her place, that's what she probably does!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:27 pm

I believe Scaffolding is her next step! lol

msbadger I had to say that, don't get mad lol
ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

ORIGINAL: hunts2long

LOL! You got it! And from what msbadgie says about the number of stands she has on her place, that's what she probably does!

scalbi

Postby scalbi » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:09 pm

thanks all for your input, I've been out 4 times hunting and only seen 2 does but it is really warm up here so I'm gonna give it a week to cool down.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:13 am

ahhh I see...I'm at the comedy club huh?[8D][;)]
At least mine are a 100 or so feet apart[:D]
I just like building stuff..planting stuff...planning...I'm not even sure it's about the actual hunt any more..to be truthful...It's the preparing to hunt...see deer...cause big buck or nice doe...a kill always needs gutting and processing...and the older I get...well the less I look forward to doing that....besides it's a chess game to me....I need to have enough pieces on the board to out maneuver my opponent[;)] 

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:10 pm

you should make this a POST "Im not even sure it's about the actual hunt anymore" It would make for some good replies...
ORIGINAL: msbadger

I just like building stuff..planting stuff...planning...I'm not even sure it's about the actual hunt any more..to be truthful...It's the preparing to hunt...see deer...cause big buck or nice doe...a kill always needs gutting and processing...and the older I get...well the less I look forward to doing that....besides it's a chess game to me....I need to have enough pieces on the board to out maneuver my opponent[;)] 

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:21 pm

ORIGINAL: msbadger

I think what you mean is it's the HUNTING you enjoy....and the preparation is as big a part of the hunt as a kill, and maybe more so.....and not so much the kill. I know, because I'm getting closer to that point myself. The difference between us is that I gave up on all the stands and stuff a few years ago, as I get more out of just sitting on the ground and having them walk by me like I'm not there. Where I used to be really into the stands and equipment, I now revel in simple and minimalist.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting