To peep or not to peep?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Eroc

To peep or not to peep?

Postby Eroc » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:54 pm

After what little practice I've had with my new used bow, I've determined that my eyesight is not very good (I'll be 50 next year). I have trouble seeing through the peep sight. I can shoot a rifle very well, so I after searching the forum unsuccessfully, thought I would see if anyone has used the rifle sights for the bow. I checked out the Peep Eliminator and it looks a good alternative. Any Comments good and bad would be appreciated. I don't want to rely on advertisements.

Randy
New To Deer Hunting And Hoping For A Good First Season!

Goose

RE: To peep or not to peep?

Postby Goose » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:01 pm

I have no experience with any of the rear sights but have you looked at the string splitter?
http://www.stringsplitter.net/ss.asp

This might give you another option.[;)]

I personally like G5's meta peep for a peep sight and believe I shoot alot better with a peep than without.
I believe truglow makes a peep sight with some fiber optic in it to help gather light. My dad uses that one and says it helps. I don't know for sure if it does or not.
Have you looked at peep sights with bigger holes like 1/4 inch and up?
Dont know if this helps but good luck!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Eroc

Postby Eroc » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:21 pm

Yes that might be a less expensive alternative, $17.00 vs $50.00. There is a dealer not to far from me that carries em, I'll check em out. Don't know that a peep with fiber optics would work for me. Too much light maybe, heck i don't know. I will check out the string splitter though.

Thanks for the input.
Randy
New To Deer Hunting And Hoping For A Good First Season!

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:30 pm

ORIGINAL: Goos

I personally like G5's meta peep for a peep sight and believe I shoot alot better with a peep than without.

Agreed, best peep out there in my opinion.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:47 pm

I have a Shurz-a-peep on my bowstring . It splits the string in thirds and requires no cord / tubing . My eyes aren't good enough not to use one .
As for the Peep eliminator , I would skip that idea . It looks like something that could could snag or catch on whatever and screw up the gadget . If you get it , let us know how it works out for you .
Semper Fi !

paulie

Postby paulie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:59 pm

I had a shurz-a-peep on my old bow, I had issues with it turning so one strand was in my line of sight[:@]. it wouldnt do it all the time but often enough to be a pain in the @**[>:]! Just something to think about.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:30 pm

I switched to a larger diameter peep (forget the brand) last year and it worked great!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:46 pm

For me it is a peep...shoot more consistent..though you losss a couple of minutes of shooting light...which did cost me my biggest deer caue i couldn't see him past my pins doe to the peep but oh well that is hunting...

Wolf River Hunter

Postby Wolf River Hunter » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:06 am

I work with a guy that has that exact sight (Peep Eliminator) on his bow and he loves it. It is pretty much like sighting a rifle

Wolf River Hunter

Postby Wolf River Hunter » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:09 am

If you have any questions about it, post them up and I'll ask the guy that has it.

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting