To peep or not to peep?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
DeanoZ

RE: To peep or not to peep?

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:52 am

ORIGINAL: Patriot

I switched to a larger diameter peep (forget the brand) last year and it worked great!

Same here, I use a 1/4" Peep and it has worked well for me...have you tried that yet or does it not matter the size when it comes to your vision?

Deerhuntinglover22

Postby Deerhuntinglover22 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:12 am

Well personally i use a G5 peep not the string spilliter but its a G5 its a medium size one i forgot the size but its big enough to allow me to see my whole sight and not just the pin so i line up the ring around my sight and then just put the pin on the vitals. But my dad used one of those peep eliminators and he loved it he said i was just like shooting a open sighted rifle and he shoots pretty consistent to ive shot his bow a few times and i like it also i just perfer the peep.

Eroc

Postby Eroc » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:37 pm

The peep sight on my bow is pretty small. I just took a measurement and it looks like 1/8 ". I'm gonna try a larger sight, but I'm still very curious about the gun sight type. May just have to try both and see which is better for me. I'm seeing from this post that the hunters that have used them, love them. I think that may be enough for me to risk a $50.00 investment. I will try a larger peep first though. Experiment, experiment, experiment.
Randy
New To Deer Hunting And Hoping For A Good First Season!

Eroc

Postby Eroc » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Wolfie, (hope you don't mind me calling you that) could you ask your buddy how easy it was to setup?
Randy

paulie

Postby paulie » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Hey Eroc, does your local proshop carry that gadget? If so, maybe they will let you "try before you buy". By that I mean, set it up for you so you can see if you like it. Just a thought.

Eroc

Postby Eroc » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:02 am

I didn't think of that. I'll check and see. Thanks for the idea!  
Randy

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:17 am

I use a G5 5/16" peep which alows me to center my round pin guard in the peep for a consistent anchor point reference. I've never tried a no-peep, but I image you'd have to adjust something every time you shoot at different distances. That's just not a step I'd want to do in a hunting situation.
Dave M.

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting