What type of bow does everyone use

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
dreamchaser9

RE: What type of bow does everyone use

Postby dreamchaser9 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Im shooting an older Hoyt V-tec. Not the fastest thing out there but she still shoots great. I also shoot a custom made 50 lb recurve, gotta love the ol' stick and string!
"When the hunter is in the treestand with high moral values and with proper hunting ethics and richer for the expierence, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."
-Fred Bear

Huntingdad

Postby Huntingdad » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:02 am

Going to try this one next year!!

Eat or be Eaten!!!!

Midwest

Postby Midwest » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 pm

ORIGINAL: greekman

No doubt Mathew is the best bow on the market. But before you get down with your set up you will spend 1K on your bow.
But the slience and smoothness of this bow is unreal. Their cams are sold to other bow manufacturers.

Lol....you couldn't pay me to shoot a Mathews.......They would not be in my top 10 for bow manufacturers, but I care about the bow performance, not the name on the limbs!

elrod

Re: What type of bow does everyone use

Postby elrod » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:26 pm

48lb Quinn Stallion recurve.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:44 pm

elrod wrote:48lb Quinn Stallion recurve.

That Quinn is a nice bow. What do you shoot out of it? Carbons, aluminums, or woodies?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

elrod

Postby elrod » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:49 am

I shoot a 64" Quinn Stallion recurve.

relentless_hunter_12

Postby relentless_hunter_12 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:58 pm

I shoot a High Country Safari Compound Bow, 60 Pounds at 29" draw , I know High Country Archery isnt very popular, but my bow isnt very new and shoots just as good as a lot of the bows that guys I shoot with use. It is smooth and fairly quite, and like I said, its not very new at all and I hear their new bows are tops and they shoot around 355 fps which is pretty decent, they just need to get their name out there more, so if anyone is looking for a good bow I'd check out High Country Archery. I also shoot Easton almuminom arrows, which I know a lot of people dont use these days but I do.
"Hunting is not just a hobby, It's a lifestyle"

rmontez

Postby rmontez » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:03 am

I was shooting a Hoyt XT 2000 set at 60lbs for last few years. Last season was also the first time I used the rage 3 blade. I decided to go back to 100 grain muzzy's due to having to replace the blades each time you shoot an animal. Last years I took a bear and 2 deer and had to replace the blades each time. After last season I bought the Mathews Z7 Xtreme, 70lbs set at a 24.5 inch draw. So far I have only gotten to target shoot with it but I really enjoy shooting the bow.

xcal1ber

Postby xcal1ber » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:51 pm

I use a Parker Blazer
26" draw
70 lbs draw weight
Beman MFX Bone Collector arrows
NAP 2" Twister Veins
Muzzy MX-3 Broadhead

elrod

Postby elrod » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Woods Walker wrote:
elrod wrote:48lb Quinn Stallion recurve.

That Quinn is a nice bow. What do you shoot out of it? Carbons, aluminums, or woodies?

Woods Walker, I shoot carbon. Beaman MFX Classics 500's (small dia.). It also shoots Gold Tip Traditional 35/55 carbons I buy from Big Jim's Archery just as good.. They are blemished arrows...little finish blurr or something. He has them for about $42.00 doz. when he can get them. They don't last long in his shop.

PreviousNext

Return to Archery and Bowhunting