HEART BREAKER BUCK (VIDEO)

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
iowa style outdoors

HEART BREAKER BUCK (VIDEO)

Postby iowa style outdoors » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:44 am

I videoed this GNARLY buck this morning on the way to work.. He's got stickers and kickers going everywhere. Pay attention to his front right leg in the video though.. Bummer :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ2kPGb6RxI

Deebz

Re: HEART BREAKER BUCK (VIDEO)

Postby Deebz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 am

His leg is messed up, but he still looks healthy. It looks like that front leg was broken and has since healed back up. He has a good limp, but he was putting weight on it and it wasn't flopping around. As long as he can feed well I'd think he'll probably be fine.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:39 am

He's alright. He looked comfortable getting up out of his bed and moving. I have seen worse that have survived. One, that when he walked, it looked as though he would fall down, but he could run with out a problem, and he had been that way for years. My guess is that happened some time ago, maybe even years. Could have happened as a fawn.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

stevenjackson

Postby stevenjackson » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:24 am

Deebz wrote:His leg is messed up, but he still looks healthy. It looks like that front leg was broken and has since healed back up. He has a good limp, but he was putting weight on it and it wasn't flopping around. As long as he can feed well I'd think he'll probably be fine.
Agreed he doesnt look bad, what a rack, you should name him tallboy

Return to Archery and Bowhunting