Product Test

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
bode71

Product Test

Postby bode71 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:57 pm

I recently tested a product called the Double Barrel Arrow Loader. It was sent to me by North American Hunting Club. I would suggest you save your money. I tested the product on my Diamond bow, and a PSE, and a Hoyt, and a Bowtech. In all cases we were unable to tighten the mount on the bow enough where it wouldn't twist when trying to remove the arrow. It's a cool idea but it just didn't come out the way I'm sure it was planned. I just wasn't impressed.

djdaigler

Re: Product Test

Postby djdaigler » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:44 pm

Dear Bode71,

Thank you for volunteering to test our new product through the North American Hunter field test program. It is true that getting the Double Barrel Arrow Loader (DBAL) tight on the bow can be a challenge on some bows. The DBAL is made out of aluminum to keep the weight down (5.9 oz) but aluminum distorts under pressure. That is why we added the steel washer that goes between the DBAL and your bow to provide a more rigid surface between the DBAL and the bow. The shape of the DBAL mounting bracket is also hexagon so you can put a wrench on it when you tighten down the mounting bolt with an allen wrench. I suggest that you hold the DBAL in place with an open end wrench while you tighten it down it the allen wrench. Tighten it as much as you can with the allen wrench and then tighten it that last 1/4 inch with the open end wrench. This method should provide a solid mount. I would hate to see you give up on the product before you even get to see what it can do. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, you can call me at 919-get-dbal.

Dave Daigler, President
DJD Enterprises, LLC

Return to Archery and Bowhunting