Food Plot Equipment? Need help!!

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
djmccoy3

Food Plot Equipment? Need help!!

Postby djmccoy3 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:59 pm

I am gearing up to plant my first food plots next spring and have done plenty of research. I am looking for any help on what equipment to buy and use for soil preperation, planting, weed control etc. The areas i am going to plant are clear of trees but full of scrub brush and weeds. i can rent a brush hog to get rid of that so its not a problem, but what should i use to prepare a good soil bed? i dont think a disk alone will work but again i am unsure. I have a 500cc honda atv and would like to get some pull behind equipment. If anyone has any input or suggestions on what to buy i would greatly appreciate it. I feel like every pull behind disk reviews i read have bad reviews. Please Help!!!

Retranger

Re: Food Plot Equipment? Need help!!

Postby Retranger » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:11 am

Stay away from those disk. Don't know how big an area you are preparing but somebody with a small tractor with a rototiller attachment is the way I would go. I have done about 3 acres with one. You should use some sort of weed and grass killer, like they use along highways other wise weed/grass control is next to impossible.
Doug

maochiyu

Re: Food Plot Equipment? Need help!!

Postby maochiyu » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:15 am

Romantic France always have many surprise for you,included this,requirement right away,this products are thinking of you,warm and protct you from the cold winter,ugg tall you will enjoy it!

Return to Archery and Bowhunting