Tracer Nocks

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Damgrunt

Tracer Nocks

Postby Damgrunt » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Tracer Nocks..... Anyone know anything about them, for example, do they effect the weight or flight of the arrow drastically? Any recommendations on using the Tracer Nocks, if so, what brand?

kellory

Re: Tracer Nocks

Postby kellory » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:37 pm

I have not used them, But I have heard they make very little difference to the flight of the arrow. HOWEVER, i have also heard reports that in some areas, they are not allowed. It might have been in the records for B&C. I do not recall at this time, but i would recommend a call to your local DNR office to make sure.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Deebz

Re: Tracer Nocks

Postby Deebz » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:10 am

I've heard nothing but good things about them. They really don't affect arrow flight, but do allow you to follow your arrow to ascertain shot placement and aid in retrieving your arrow after the shot.

I believe Kell is right as far as the record books go. There are stipulations about no electronic devices and whatnot. I'm not sure which ones would be affected, but I have heard that.

Some states/counties may also have laws against electronic aides when hunting, so be sure to check your local regs (like kell said)
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Return to Archery and Bowhunting