rangefinders

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
ranwin33

RE: rangefinders

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:00 am

I do just find without the angle compensator feature, but if I was buying a new one I'd probably go for it.  Having the feature won't hurt you.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:15 pm

ORIGINAL: vostersj

I am looking to get a new rangefinder.  I am going to be using it mostly for bow hunting and a couple times gun hunting.  Is it worth geting the angle compensation feature?

Supposedly, shooting the range from an angle will be different yardage that shooting a level range. For the most part, if you`re deer hunting from a tree stand, you can get past this by simply shooting distances from the base of your tree, instead of up in the stand.

But like ranwinn33 said, if I didn`t already have one, I`d get the new feature.

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:35 am

For Christmas I got a Leupold RX II True Ballistic Range system. I'm glad I spent the extra money, a freind of mine spent about 50 bucks less for a different brand with out this feature and kicks himself every time we shoot together.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:25 pm

ORIGINAL: mag30079

For Christmas I got a Leupold RX II True Ballistic Range system. I'm glad I spent the extra money, a freind of mine spent about 50 bucks less for a different brand with out this feature and kicks himself every time we shoot together.

Just got that one myself for the Student Archery club. Love it

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:33 am

One more thing I like about the Leupold RX II is it has 3 different modes for bow hunting. A is for recurve or long bows, or slower speed bows, B is mid range speed, and C is for todays fast bows. To find out which mode to use for your bow simply shoot at a 40 yard target and use your 20 yard pin the difference in arrow drop vs. dead center. This measurement then is used with the chart in the owners guide. Its a bit fancy for me but neet.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:34 pm

ORIGINAL: mag30079

One more thing I like about the Leupold RX II is it has 3 different modes for bow hunting. A is for recurve or long bows, or slower speed bows, B is mid range speed, and C is for todays fast bows. To find out which mode to use for your bow simply shoot at a 40 yard target and use your 20 yard pin the difference in arrow drop vs. dead center. This measurement then is used with the chart in the owners guide. Its a bit fancy for me but neet.

Still playing with it here, just got it 2 days ago but so far I LOVE it

fireflyparamedic

Postby fireflyparamedic » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:39 pm

well I want to also get a range finder. would you guys just get a range finder for bow hunting or would you get the combo range finder for bows and guns. I like a lot of you want to just have to buy one and get to use it for a long time espically with the way the economy is going. any thoughts out there.
firefly

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:00 pm

ORIGINAL: fireflyparamedic

well I want to also get a range finder. would you guys just get a range finder for bow hunting or would you get the combo range finder for bows and guns. I like a lot of you want to just have to buy one and get to use it for a long time espically with the way the economy is going. any thoughts out there.
firefly

I bought mine for my archery club because we conduct various events throughout the year and are going to field a competetive team. We will be using it primarily for training and setting targets as needed for our activities, the Leupold fits the bill nicely without being outrageously priced.

fireflyparamedic

Postby fireflyparamedic » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:53 am

Highlander Archery
thanks for the advice. I like leupold products have one of their scopes on my rifle and was a good scope for the money.

firefly

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:10 pm

You are welcome

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting