Releases

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
JOEL

RE: Releases

Postby JOEL » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:52 pm

ORIGINAL: MSHunter

Thanks for the tip. The guy at Bass Pro talked about people inadvertently pull on the trigger. This will be a big issue for me as I was constantly placing my finger on the test release when having my bow fitted. I figure that a few good punched to the face will cure me of this bad habit.
what i do is line my finger up on the top of the release with the tip of my finger flush with the tip of the release ,it also helps to anchor my hand properly
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

paulie

Postby paulie » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:06 pm

I keep (the back of) my finger firmly pressed against the back of the trigger until I'm "on target" and ready to shoot.

MDV WI hunter

Postby MDV WI hunter » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:28 am

ORIGINAL: paulie

I keep (the back of) my finger firmly pressed against the back of the trigger until I'm "on target" and ready to shoot.

I very quickly learned to do the same thing, it also ensures good engagement of the mechanism.  You can feel the click when it locks.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions. Your help, insight and experience have been invaluable. After much research, I purchased the Scott Archery Mongoose release. I've yet to get out and actually shoot with it; but so far, so good.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:57 pm

Mongoose's rock, used one when I got started in archery

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Thats a nice release, good luck with it!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting