buckhunter21 dry fire mishap

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
DeerCamp

RE: buckhunter21 dry fire mishap

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:38 pm

Just a question I wanna throw out there.. How'd you guys know eachother before hand? Just start talking and one of ya said somthing about D&DH or did you plan on meeting there? Kinda cool that ya'll met up though, and I like the idea of you guys meeting with JPH and Goose.  I hope one day we could all meet eachother, such as the web pro staff or even in general all together.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:11 pm

i fear the dreaded dry fire, ive been lucky to never do it, but i cringe every time i pull an empty bow back or see someone else do it. i had a cable break on me once, whole bow flew apart. nothing on the bow broke, just the cable, but it was freaky. what was most disturbing was how often i had drawn my bow back in the house, just playing with it. after that happened, i dont do that anymore. especially now a days, i have 3 little kids running around and accidents happen too easy. i cant imagine how terrible i would feel to hurt one of my kids with something like that. glad to hear no one has a hook hand or glass eye!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:35 pm

ORIGINAL: DeerCamp

Just a question I wanna throw out there.. How'd you guys know eachother before hand? Just start talking and one of ya said somthing about D&DH or did you plan on meeting there? Kinda cool that ya'll met up though, and I like the idea of you guys meeting with JPH and Goose.  I hope one day we could all meet eachother, such as the web pro staff or even in general all together.

We just met here.  Then I read that buckhunter21 worked in St. Paul (about 20 minutes from where I work).  Shot him a quick PM, exchanged some e-mails, and set up the lunch meeting today.

I felt kinda weird telling my wife the I was meeting a guy that I met online for lunch.[:D]

I would encourage y'all to do the same. 
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:53 pm

I'd encourage it as well...You'd be amazed how many posters here live within' shouting distance of you w/out you even knowing.  Why not give it a try...You might find a new friend, and if it doesn't work out, what's your loss? 

If anyone else does this let us know we'd be interested to hear stories...Something to top off my dry fire incident!!  lol
QDM!

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting