HOYT OR MATHEWS

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
jafin

HOYT OR MATHEWS

Postby jafin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:40 pm

Hello all, i'm looking into a new bow! Either the mathews reezen or hoyt alfamax! Does anyone out there have any pro's or con's of the 2?
Jafin

paulie

RE: HOYT OR MATHEWS

Postby paulie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:11 pm

The best advice I can give you would be, shoot both, and see which one you like more! as far as "pros and cons" both companies make outstanding products! There are other bow makers out who make great bows also! Unless your hell bent on buying one of the two you mentioned, try as many as you can get your hands on! You may well find that you like somthing else better. With all the great bows on the market today, you really cant go wrong.

paulie

Postby paulie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:19 pm

Most proshops will let you shoot any bow they have. A good shop will try to help you find whats "right for you", not sell you their most profitable product. Like I said before, shoot as many as you can, and buy the one "you" like most. Good luck to ya.  

jafin

Postby jafin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:26 pm

Thanks, I have shot the reezen but my dealer has not gotten any alfamaxes yet! But when your getting ready to drop that much money its nerve racking! I know there both new and i just dont want any suprises with flaws if ya know what i mean!
Jafin

paulie

Postby paulie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:36 pm

Yeah, I hear ya!

Ugnasty77

Postby Ugnasty77 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:48 pm

I have always shot a hoyt, and have never had a problem with it. Im looking into getting the Alphamax next spring. I really do like hoyt bows, and havent really shot anything else because ive only been bow hunting for about 7 years now, and have had the same bow the whole time. So i cant really say much about a mathews, but i have never heard any thing bad about them.  I have heard that a matthews is a little more touchy, but im not sure how true that is.

Sorry about the little story thing there, but i think either way you cant go wrong, both are a quality product.[:D]

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:02 pm

I'm not sure you need any advice if you have it narrowed down to just two bows, other than to see how they feel to you. The Reezen is supposed to be about 20 fps. faster than the Alfamax, so it doesn't seem to be sheer speed that you're after. As for bow noise, the center pivot riser has made Bowtech's bows very quiet the last three years, which is what the Alfamax "very" closely resembles.

You may want to expand your search.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:20 pm

Personally, I'd go with the Mathews.  Most importantly, it's a great product.  Secondly, I am personally involved with some of the ministries they help support.  I know their upper management has similar values as myself.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:53 pm

either - i have a mathews MQ1 - awesome bow - quiet - shoots great - but you have to make that choice for yourself

Go to a archery shop that will let you "test Drive" both bows and see which one feels better to you

IowaRobinhood

Postby IowaRobinhood » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:06 pm

Both are very good, I have shot both myself but I have a different favorite to try talk you into, the Diamond Black Ice I liked it better than the two you are asking about for various reasons. Give that one a try! Good luck-

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting