HOYT OR MATHEWS

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
PrairieShadow

RE: HOYT OR MATHEWS

Postby PrairieShadow » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:35 pm

Working at a sporting goods shop and setting up every bow under the sun, you have certainly narrowed it down to the 2 best manufacturers out there. Either will suit you fine.

Personally i have always liked the mathews better but the reezen seems to have slightly more vibration than the DXT but at 340fps your bound to give up something else. Even in a mathews. although the only accessory on the Reezen i was shooting was a arrow rest. I think by the time you get everything on it, vibration will be very minimal at most. I have yet to shoot the alfamax line.

Shoot both and get whatever you like best. As long as it says Mathews or Hoyt on it you cant go wrong.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:02 am

I agree they are both great bows. I have the DXT and love it. I cant speak for Hoyt but Mathews service is unbeatable IMO. I also prefer single cam over cam and half. I recommend Mathews.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

dxthunter57

Postby dxthunter57 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:17 am

i have the Mathews DXT
i love it
hoyt and mathews are 2 great bow companies your best bet is to shoot both and see which one u like

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:11 pm

Mathews for service and single cam not a fan of cam and half

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:43 am

the deer you shoot will never know the difference [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:26 am

I would go with the Hoyt, the cam and half system they use is great! I have had zero timing issues, zero hand shock, and the bow doesn't have that little hop you get when the bottom cam is trying to catch up with the top cam like you get with the single cam set up.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:49 pm

Ill just say it cuz Im a Hoyt man.. Go with the Hoyt! I heard there isnt much more Mathwes can do with the cam's after this bow and that was coming from a dealer. I just like the way Hoyt's have produced for me. Im sure youll like both bows. However go to a shop where both are at and shoot them both with your eyes closed. This will let you know what bow you like best with out knowing if its the Hoyt or the Mathews.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

cva54

Postby cva54 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:39 pm

me and my son both shoot mathews ultra max yes thay are older speed wise thay are over 250 what more do U need my other 2 buds shoot  a DXT and a conquest we all love them if it were me drelin or dxt

Xplorer

Postby Xplorer » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:29 am

Hoyt's got my vote. Best bow I've shot.

Goose

Postby Goose » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:28 am

Did you decide what you where gonna go with yet?
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

PreviousNext

Return to Archery and Bowhunting