Anybody know of a traditional hunting DVD?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
passin through

Anybody know of a traditional hunting DVD?

Postby passin through » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:07 am

I'm trying to get started with a recurve and was wondering if anyone knew of a dvd (besides Hill or Ferguson) where you could see recurves shot at game.  I know most of that stuff is trash anyways but I think you can pick up some watching them, if nothing else then from the mistakes you know they make.

Woods Walker

RE: Anybody know of a traditional hunting DVD?

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:02 pm

While it doesn't show hunting scenes, G. Fred Asbell has DVD's that go with his INSTINCTIVE SHOOTING books, that are a good accompaniment to them.

But........here's a whole page of them from 3 Rivers Archery....

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Books+DVD%2527s+General+Bowhunting_c42_s33_p46_thumb.html

I haven't seen them, but I have heard other traditional bowhunters praise the TRADITIONAL HARVESTS series.

It's too bad you aren't in northern Illinois, I'd meet up with you and show you all I know, which should take about 20 minutes!!!  [:D]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

passin through

Postby passin through » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Thanks!  I have already been looking at 3rivers some and just never thought to look and see what they had on DVD.  I think I'll try one and see whats what.  Hopefully I can pick up enough knowledge and practice in a month not to totally embarrass myself bow fishing in March.[:D]

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:07 am

Have you tried videos by the Wensel brothers?

Also, check the ads in Traditional Bowhunter magazine -- www.tradbow.com.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:08 am

Masters of the Barebow volumes I/ II,,,,volume 3 will be out in a couple months.
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

northernVT

Postby northernVT » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:12 pm

Check out www.brothersofthebow.com. As mentioned before, this is the Wensel brother, Gene and Barry. They have been using traditional stick and string for a long time.

Return to Archery and Bowhunting