Toxonics Crossbreed Five-Pin Bow Sight

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Demoderby4

Toxonics Crossbreed Five-Pin Bow Sight

Postby Demoderby4 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:08 pm

Anyone have this sight or ever dealt with it before? Im thinking about picking it up, found it at like 60% off, just wanted to see if it is worth the $50 bucks its org. $109.99. Any input is appreciated!

Highlander Archery

RE: Toxonics Crossbreed Five-Pin Bow Sight

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Toxtonics makes good stuff, I would feel comfortable using it although I prefer 1 pin adjustable sights.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:06 pm

Thanks again Highlander ;) i have never used a one pin adjustable, im still in the "trial phases" with my setup, trying to get a feel for what works best for me, if im not too impressed with this one i'll have to try a one pin and see if i like that better.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:27 pm

We are using Axcel target sights for our competitive team. Talk about complex. Always go with what suits you best and what you can use effectively

wack

Postby wack » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:13 am

Take a look at the Predator IV pendulum sight. I've used one for 8 years and can tell you it does everything they claim it does. 1 Pin does it all, no adjustments, no confusion, no guessing, no need for fancy rangefinders or yardage markers, just aim and shoot. Check it out and if it makes sense to you and have questions, feel free to ask. Here's the website, http://www.predatoriv.com/

I will say that I have both the lighted model and the unlighted model but I do not have the new starlight pin. That's new. I took the original pin and made my own "starlight" pin before the new pin came out to get rid of the batteries. The new starlight pin should more than do the trick.
 I also have the All terrain base but I do not use it. It's an HHA brand adjustable  base and IMHO it has too many moving parts with too much play to be used for hunting. My 40-45 yard range with out it is plenty range for hunting and the extra range it provides is not worth the risk of all that could go wrong with it. It works great out on the 3D range and to be fair, I'm more worried about operator error than the moving parts. I'm a walking example of Murphy's Law, and adjusting for range or choosing from multiple pins are two things I can not screw up. The fewer things I can screw up the better because if there's a way to screw something up, I'll find it. lol
American by birth, hunter by choice.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:54 am

I had a Toxonics Stalker on a bow a few years ago . My Parker Phoenix came with a Montana Black Gold that was similar to the Toxonics . Got rid of them and went with the Tru-Glo Range Rover single pin sight . I have one on the Parker Phoenix and one on my Ben Pearson TX-4 . i'll never go back to a multi pin sight .
I'm only 67 and can see pretty well at distances so I don't need a Pendulum sight . The less moving parts on the bow , the better .
Semper Fi !

wack

Postby wack » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:18 pm

What does your eye sight have anything to do with a pendulum sight?  I assume that single pin is a fixed pin? I understand wanting just 1 pin. Nothing to confuse. A single fixed pin is not going to be dead on for every range, 0-40 yards from any elevation 0-30 feet off the ground. The difference between 1 fixed pin and my Predator IV pendulum is I do not compinsate for anything at anytime. I expect to hit a 1" stick dot target every time. The pendulum in no way helps me see better, but it's much more accurate than 1 single fixed pin and a lot faster and more reliable than any adjustable single pin. I don't buy into the pie plate theory. 
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:33 am

i waited too long to buy it, i went back on sunday and they were all sold out :( lol! oh well the search continues ;) thanks for all the info guys!

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:28 am

Try Axcel sights too, then choose what best fits your budget needs

http://www.axcelsights.com/

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:19 pm

I looked at the axcelsight website but the catalog didn't work for me, i looked at cobra's site as well got the same result, hogg spot's worked for me tho. I liked the "Right On" I still like the toxonics one the best out of what i have read so far. But i think im going to be dishing out a handsome amount of money to fix my car so my new sight may have to wait....[:(]

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting