Your Arrows.. $50.00 or $100.00

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Highlander Archery

RE: Your Arrows.. $50.00 or $100.00

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:06 pm

If they don't it is an error in your shooting form.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Yeah im sure that has something to do with it too lol ;) 

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:16 pm

NOW the truth comes out[:D] LOL

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:04 pm

damn, you caught me! [:D]

wack

Postby wack » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:42 am

I was once a Quik Spin fan for awhile. Still have a bunch laying around somewhere. Had me fooled for awhile, but with my pendulum sight, I just wasn't getting the advertised range. So I got a Chrony and a Bitzenburger jig and figured it out. QS Speed Hunters and Blazers set at .5 degrees on identical shafts were about equal speed off the bow. QS vanes slightly faster at 5 yards. About equal at 10 yards, Blaser running away after 15 yards.  At 35 yards the Blazers were still dead on with my pendulum, the Speed hunters were hitting 8" lower with a noticable difference in target penitration. The Speed Hunters were spinning out. You need spin for accuracy but not that much spin, too much spin acts like a parchute. I use Easton Axis arrows and they've lasted so long and gone through so much abuse it's amazing. Compared to cheap cabons like Game trackers I started with, these have saved me hundreds of dollars. 

IowaDeer

Postby IowaDeer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:29 am

Until Aluminum arrows are no longer available, I will continue to shoot them! I do not like the chance of a carbon arrow breaking inside a deer! I am forever faithful to Easton Archery and will continue using the XX75 Gamegetter II arrows for hunting and the XX75 Platimum Target arrows for my competitive shooting. I might bend an arrow, but I can buy 2-3 Aluminum arrows for one carbon. I buy the arrow in mass quanitites and make them myself. I cut my own arrows, put the inserts in, and fletch all my arrows the way I want them done, especially for all of my competitive shooting.

wack

Postby wack » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:46 pm

I've had carbon arrows break inside of deer. What's the big deal?  Any meat nearby is bloodied anyways, it gets trimmed away. I've never, ever, seen any carbon slivers in the meat, they break pretty clean and only an excuse that someone who's never used carbon would come up with. I've butchered a lot of deer too and am more worried about broad head blades and sharp bones than carbon slivers.  Aluminum arrows break too. You may buy 2-3 aluminum arrow for the cost of 1 carbon but that 1 carbon arrow will last longer than a dozen aluminum arrows. I've got several carbons that have killed several deer each and will kill several more. You're BSing yourself if you think aluminum is better than carbon. You choose aluminum because that's what you are familiar with, what you've been successful with so you don't want to change. There's nothing wrong with that but don't tell me that aluminum is better or cheaper. I've used both, I doubt you have. I build my own arrows too, am an Easton fan, and I went through 2 dozen xx75's in a years time. My 1st dozen of Easton Axis ST's I got 4 years ago, I still have 6 left. Broke 2, lost 4. I got a dozen more last fall, fletched, within +-1grain, ready to go, group tested and put away. How much was 2 dozen xx75's? Times 4 years =8 dozen xx75's? Compared to 6 arrows in 4 years. $60. Can you make 96 aluminum arrows fly as identical as you could make 18 carbon arrows? You're mass making disposable arrows. The only foot aluminum fans have left to stand on is the heavier arrows carry more KE. I'm getting around 72 on the KE calculator with my set up. What more could I ask for? Try to get 1 aluminum arrow shot from my bow out of a normal archery target. Block, Yellow Jacket, what ever and try to get the aluminum out with out bending it. My small diameter carbons not only go in farther, they're also easier to get out and you don't need to be careful about bending them. Cool thing is aluminum is 65 cents a pound at the scrap yard, now's a good time to recycle. lol
American by birth, hunter by choice.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:27 pm

When you find the arrows that you like that work for you make sure you have plenty . Sometimes they discontinue some of them .

I like shooting the tapered Arrow Dynamic arrows and they are somewhat hard to get . Not too many dealers . I just ordered two dozen of their Big Game 10.5 GPI shafts . It worked out to $95 / dozen with the shipping charge added . It took me 6 months to find a place that sells the shafts I wanted . I plan to give 1/2 of them to my youngest son . He is still searching the the right arrow for his setup .
Semper Fi !

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting