Is this believable ?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Goose

RE: Is this believable ?

Postby Goose » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:16 pm

LOL, Love it!
You'd never be able to get that thing across the water in that little boat of yours!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:40 pm

I believe it.... it was a multi page story if i remember right in the July 2008 issue of NA Whitetail.....I can't find it in thier sight but i did find a pic of another deer a different guy killed in canada and sent the pic in after reading thier story about the 412 buck.  If i remember right the 412 was shot poorly & recovered late...was wieghed via the tape.  The guy was hunting on a Native American Reservation out there  somewhere and was after bigger horns but could not pass the body size up...deer scored in the 130-140 range ...can't find my magazine right now but i will because this has got me curious as to the particulars again....If freaky humans can bounce out there at a thousand pounds or so ...i see no reason why a freak deer could not occur.  I saw a TV hunter pass a dwarf 110' whitetail hunting in texas once.  He did not have enough horns and everybody in the party felt sorry for him....i thought he would have made a cool coffe table as a full body mount[:D]

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:20 am

"D&DH geeks"
ORIGINAL: Patriot

Actually......t'was I who killed the 412 pound monster!  Who do they think they are taking credit for my kill!!

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

LOL! Between this and coining the phrase "D&DH geeks" (which I intend to use frequently), you get my vote for forum member of the month!

coach

Postby coach » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:39 am

HA HA>..  very cool.

Regardless...this is a big deer. 
I don't think its 412 lbs.....although it may look like it from the pic.
When you shoot a big deer like that....you get him measure....weight...officially. RIGHT ??

I can't tell if its photoshop or not....but if...and if this is real.....WOW>
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:51 am

If I ever shot a deer of that weight caliber, I'd definitely get him on an official scale.

Goose,
I may not even need a boat to get him across the river.  As bloated as he was, I could just float him across![:)][:)]

"D&DH Geek" a.ka. Patriot
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:04 pm

If that's real, the guy in the picture has a  HUGE left hand!

rayf

Postby rayf » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:31 pm

i've heard of 350 pounders out here before, but nothing 400+,  that would be a huge swampdonkey.

fireflyparamedic

Postby fireflyparamedic » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:41 am

i see what you guys have stated about the photo being doctored. got me.
firefly

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Patriot,

I don't know who these people are photoshopping the photo, you clearly shot that deer, I was there![:D]

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:18 pm

patriot and reeper.. hilarious pictures.

it does look like a big deer. i never heard the story before. i always watch those shows on discovery and national geographic where they investigate that stuff. ive seen the "hogzilla" show about 20 times, but never the 400 lb deer story. i can believe that there is one out there somewhere, whether this one was or not, who knows. if there is one, it probably hangs out with big foot and champ.

PreviousNext

Return to Archery and Bowhunting