hey bow hunters

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
bowhunter01

hey bow hunters

Postby bowhunter01 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:04 am

im 16 years old and this was my first year hunting bymyself withought my dad, i live in ky, i bow hunt alot and gunhunt a little bit and i was just looking to have some friends so if you would like send me a msg thnx.
bowhunter01

Woods Walker

RE: hey bow hunters

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:20 am

Welcome to the fold!  Don't ever be afraid to ask any questions of us here, regardless of whether you think they are dumb or not. That's part of how you learn. Question EVERYTHING! Never take anything at face value. If someone can't answer it, then that means that they don't really know it either.

There are no dumb questions, only dumb people for not asking them!

Best of luck to you in all of your endeavors!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:22 am

Welcome to the site.

Bow hunt Northern Indiana. Got two does this year so far and am hunting the horns now. Have passed on several small bucks and missed two "shooters" earlier in season.  (I will not shoot a 1.5 year old buck or smaller. Just my personal standard. Every deer is a trophy in my book).

Happy hunting
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:47 am

welcome to the crazy obsession called bowhunting.You will find yourself getting nutty around september and then it builds and builds till january.then you practice shooting again..........[:D]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:51 am

ORIGINAL: bowhunter01
[color="#ff0000"]...i was just looking to have some friends...[/color]

You just picked up an army of 'em brother! Welcome.

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:16 am

Welcome!!

I guarantee you will become a better, more knowledgable bowhunter from hanging out here.

The wealth of knowledge and insight that these guys have never ceases to amaze me.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:16 am

Welcome indeed!  Hang out hear and you'll find plenty of friends willing to help you out!  Good luck this year!

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:36 am

Welcome bowhunting brother hope you have a great season and keep us posted on the things you learn and experience in the field so we can learn from your experinces as you may learn some from us.

fireflyparamedic

Postby fireflyparamedic » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:35 pm

good luck and hope you have as much fun as I do. These guys on the forum give great advice and lots of it. be safe out there and don't take unnecessary risk. Have fun.
firefly

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Welcome aboard! You'll find all the support and information you could ever want on this board, everyone is more than willing to help each other out! Good luck this year! It my first season bow hunting and i haven't gotten one down yet with a bow, but i did take a doe on saturday morning, just got it cut up and in the freezer tonight! Hopefully you have some luck gun hunting and bow hunting if you guys have a late season! Don't be afraid to PM me if you have any questions or ask all of us in the forum! Again welcome!

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting