hey bow hunters

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Goose

RE: hey bow hunters

Postby Goose » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:34 pm

You came to the right place. WELCOME ! All great people here with lots of knowledge and experience. I look forward to your input!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Jawbone

Postby Jawbone » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Welcome bowhunter01,  I'm kinda new here 2.  The information and different points of view on this site are almost as addicting as bow hunting.  Lot's 2 be learned here.  I'm sure you'll love it, I do. 

Keep writin bud!!!
Let em Go & Let em Grow !!!! (Jefferson Co. , WI.)

Treestand Sniper

Postby Treestand Sniper » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:13 am

The hardest part about bowhunting when I was a young buck was keeping a job........  Seems that every Dec I had to find a new one.
My father didnt think that I had my priorities str8.  I did.
I tell my 5 and 6 yr old boys now that when they get older they need to plan their careers around hunting. Not plan hunting around their careers.

My wife is a widow from mid Oct till mid Dec.  I told her that if they had a season for shoe shopping..... you get the idea.

Good luck on your own.  Remember, Hunting is a time of harvest.  And also remember that you only have so many seasons in a lifetime, so make the most of them.  Absorb the experience.
Peace.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:20 am

Welcome, and ditto to everyones comments...you've landed on one of the most knowledgable sites with soem of the most knwoledgeable people...they've enahnced my hunting skills and ability 10 fold!

My wife is a widow from mid Oct till mid Dec.  I told her that if they had a season for shoe shopping..... you get the idea. 

Like the analogy.....I'll have to try that one on the wife, not sure if it will stick though, lol

paulie

Postby paulie » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:37 am

Hey Bowhunter01, welcome aboard! How has your season been goin so far, ya been havin any luck?  Keep us posted, I for one, am always interested to see how the other guys(and girls) are doin in the woods!  Good luck to ya little brother!!   Hunt safe and have fun!

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:28 am

Welcome to the greatest "addiction" you'll ever have. Try to make archery an all year sport, not just around bow season. Read everything you can about bowhunting, and ask a lot of questions. I don't know any bowhunters that aren't willing to help fellow stick slingers! 

jaybyrd450r

Postby jaybyrd450r » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:37 am

welcome what part of ky do you hunt i hunt in todd co.         

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:20 am

Welcome to D & DH Mr. BowHunter01,lots of great Hunters here to help you out or just keep you company! [;)] 

Ugnasty77

Postby Ugnasty77 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:37 pm

I also second everyones comments. I absolutly love the sport of hunting, this is the first year i have really been able to go out a lot, because im not playin a fall sport any more, and now i have an itch to deer hunt like you wouldnt beleive, well u probably would because were all crazy about hunting.

But yea, this site is extremely helpful, i also am a new member, and these forums get addicting, i find myself reading different ones just so i can pick up on differnt tips to make me a better hunter. Good luck out there.

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:24 am

Welcome aboard! I think you will get some great advice here. Good luck the rest of the year.
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

PreviousNext

Return to Archery and Bowhunting