How Many Of You.....

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Woods Walker

RE: How Many Of You.....

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:57 pm

I think you mean "flu-flu" arrows. Those are the ones with the spiral fletching that slow the arrow speed down after about 30 yards or so. I use them for shooting at aerial targets. Good fun!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shadow

Postby shadow » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:37 pm

I'll stump shoot while I'm scouting, shooting at small rocks, logs etc.. with old aluminum arrows I have. I got about 3 dozen left, and will also use judo points as well.  If they break or get lost oh well!
I also have powerlines running through my property and take some loooong shots on the big steel poles to see were and if we can hit them.
Lots of fun!

Xplorer

Postby Xplorer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:46 am

I always kept a old arrow w/a broadhead on it for the squirrels, but this sounds like a much better idea. Like the idea of taking the bow for a walk.  I asked my archery supplier if I could use my carbon arrows & he said he always looks forward to selling me more arrows LOL. So much for a straight answer.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:00 am

According to the product reviews on thses at 3-Rivers Archery........

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Product.asp?show=rate&c=57&s=71&p=59&i=4204X#full

....if you are shooting carbon arrows and you hit something SOLID, it may ruin the arrow. But as long as you are shooting at things that have some give, or you don't hit anything solid square dead on, then you should be OK.

I shoot aluminum arrows, and I don't have this problem. If I shot arrows that wouldn't let me rove with Judos, then I'd CHANGE to some that would permit it, because it's the large majority of the type of shooting I do now.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:51 am

Woods I am glad you made this post! As I was reading it I was suddenly brought back to my childhood running around my parents yard and property with an old red recurve bow and a hand full of miss match arrows shooting at misc things. I have not done that for a long long time and right now I am scratching my head wondering to myself, "why not?"

I guess I started thinking that targets are the only way the big boys practice with their bows so I better grow up and do the same. I am going to have to get a half dozen arrows set up and start taking my bow with on my nature walks. I am already getting excited about quietly making that perfect stalk through the woods to end up 15yds from my stump of choice and firing off a perfect shot just as the stump turns and looks the other way! You never want to shoot at one when it is looking at you because it could jump your string! [;)]

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:59 am

No....Foo Foo ...mine are huge 4 fletched feathers my origanal archery guy set me up with in bright pink...foo foo...[;)]

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:12 am

I use modified bleudgeons. You wont lose these! Good bunnythumpers too.

"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:09 am

ORIGINAL: msbadger

No....Foo Foo ...mine are huge 4 fletched feathers my origanal archery guy set me up with in bright pink...foo foo...[;)]

I stand corrected!  Foo foo it is then!  Have fun with 'em!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:12 am

Nubs: You get it!!!  Have at it again, my friend. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on! [:)]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

halebp

Postby halebp » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:28 am

Where'd you get the orange shafts?

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting