Archer, Bowhunter, Or Both?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
paulie

RE: Archer, Bowhunter, Or Both?

Postby paulie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Yes, I would still shoot. I would shoot for the sheer enjoyment of the sport!

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:31 pm

Yes I would.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:38 pm

Without a doubt I would keep shooting. Archery is a year round obsession for me. When hunting season ends, I break out the target bow & punch paper for three months. Then the hunting bow is back in use from April to early January almost daily. I'd have to say I'm both.
Dave M.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:05 pm

IMO, one can be both, as many of us are. But if you would still shoot a bow even if you couldn't hunt, then you are first an archer.

Most of us came to archery as bowhunters first, and then became archers along the way, when archery became and end in and of itself.

I guess for me, I was first a deer hunter who learned how to shoot a bow so I could hunt more, and then gradually became an archer who also bowhunts!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:14 pm

There should be no doubt to my answer, but just in case YES

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:28 pm

I'll have to adjust my prior comment.

If I couldn't hunt, I would definitely still shoot. It's just hard to make the time these days with full time job, 3 kids (barely see them enough as it is), no basement to shoot in, etc.[:(][:(]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:31 pm

ORIGINAL: Patriot

If I couldn't hunt, I would definitely still shoot. It's just hard to make the time these days with full time job, 3 kids (barely see them enough as it is), no basement to shoot in, etc.[:(][:(]

Even more reason to get that Centershot program running. You can attend church, spend time with the kids and shoot all at the same time.

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:55 am

Good thought Highlander ! Whats your excuse now Patriot? ImageImage
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:22 am

ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery

Even more reason to get that Centershot program running. You can attend church, spend time with the kids and shoot all at the same time.

tru 'dat!  It is the best of both worlds.  I can't wait to get it going!  Just waiting for the paperwork / purchase order to be issued for the gear.  I'll start a separate thread once we get in up and running.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:59 am

ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery

tru 'dat!  It is the best of both worlds.  I can't wait to get it going!  Just waiting for the paperwork / purchase order to be issued for the gear.  I'll start a separate thread once we get in up and running.

I would encourage EVERYONE to find out more about NASP and Centershot Ministries in their State and community.

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting