youth archery

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
fireflyparamedic

RE: youth archery

Postby fireflyparamedic » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:36 am

I just found out at my local archery shop in auburn that my daughter can have a one on one with an instructor, lane, and rental bow for under $20.00. Was very excited and so was my daughter. The instructor's are level 2 instructors and have a junior program that seems to be top notch. Can't wait til she starts.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:32 am

JOAD and NASP based programs are top notch. 

thebaran12

Postby thebaran12 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:45 pm

I hated shooting my bow when i was 8 and 9 years old because it wasn't as accurate. Now I'm 16 and love to shoot my bow and hunt with it.

fireflyparamedic

Postby fireflyparamedic » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:15 pm

Highlander, yes, the program is the JOAD program. the shop is a husband and wife runned shop with staff archer's and has a few pro shooters. the name of the shop is central maine archery. i was very impressed. i went there yesterday had the owner look at my bow and found out why it was not shooting good groupings, the whisker bisket's arrow diameter was meant for medium sized arrows and i've been shooting the eastern axis arrows. he swapped the bisket to one that fits the arrows and also help correct my grip and i noticed an improvement right away shooting on paper. my groups are back to what they were when i had my first bow. you know when i got my bow at the big box store i thought they knew what they were doing but i will no longer take my business there and stay at central maine archery.

thebaran12. well my daughter right now seems to be very excited about the lessons. i hope the instructors make it fun and keep her interested in it because i would love to have an archer little hunting buddy once she reaches 10 and can draw the minimal weight on the bow

have a happy holiday's with your families and be safe.
firefly

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:01 pm

ORIGINAL: fireflyparamedic

Highlander, yes, the program is the JOAD program. the shop is a husband and wife runned shop with staff archer's and has a few pro shooters. the name of the shop is central maine archery. i was very impressed. i went there yesterday had the owner look at my bow and found out why it was not shooting good groupings, the whisker bisket's arrow diameter was meant for medium sized arrows and i've been shooting the eastern axis arrows. he swapped the bisket to one that fits the arrows and also help correct my grip and i noticed an improvement right away shooting on paper. my groups are back to what they were when i had my first bow. you know when i got my bow at the big box store i thought they knew what they were doing but i will no longer take my business there and stay at central maine archery.

thebaran12. well my daughter right now seems to be very excited about the lessons. i hope the instructors make it fun and keep her interested in it because i would love to have an archer little hunting buddy once she reaches 10 and can draw the minimal weight on the bow

have a happy holiday's with your families and be safe.
firefly

A good pro shop is something to hold dear. You should also look into NASP for your schools, if they don't have it already. Although I would have advised you to lose the WB, for hunting purposes it works fine.

6 Year Old:
10yr old at 7:

Both Babies:
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/timpasd/?action=view&current=100_0061.flv
[url=http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/timpasd/?action=view&current=100_0061.flv]
[/url]

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:29 am

Highlander,
That's awesome!  I can't wait to get this implemented through my church!

About 6-8 of us will be certified trainers.  Then...."game on" this summer!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:53 am

ORIGINAL: Patriot

Highlander,
That's awesome!  I can't wait to get this implemented through my church!

About 6-8 of us will be certified trainers.  Then...."game on" this summer!

Awesome

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting