Getting Rage 2's to lock

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
reeper0697

RE: Getting Rage 2's to lock

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:53 am

I had the same trouble with mine and missed 2 deer because they opened up and went out of control. I was on another forum asking the same question as you. one guy mentioned he took a rubberband that people who have braces sometimes wear and put it on the "shoulders" of the blades. I did that and they stay closed now, of course thats what the rocky mountain snypers used to stay closed. But I now have confidence in them when I shoot. Try it out you wont be disappointed

mnmaverick

Postby mnmaverick » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:42 am

The local archery shop owner just puts a small rubber bank right over the narrow spot in the middle of the blades when locked. He said he's done it for years and they always open (They will cut the rubber band easily on impact). I haven't tried it though, as I haven't had issues with this. If you bump them they'll open, but just push them back into locked position when you nock your arrow.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:26 am

I think the key is to not push them so hard into the qiver that the shoulders get pushed and thus deploy the blades...thats what i watch for with mine, but as mnmaverick said, when you knock your arrow just ensure the baldes are closed and snug behind that band and they should be fine

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:27 am

I havn't had a problem with them opening up in the quiver as I have the Bohning Quiver that holds the arrow shaft in two places . A slight bump with the arrow nocked and the blade / blades come loose . I tried moving the rubber O-ring out of the slot and then back . That seemed to help . The blades aren't held in by very much !
Semper Fi !

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:34 am

I had no problem with my first batch of Rage-2's opening, but I shot all of them this season (good problem to have) and had to buy some new ones. FOr some reason, these seemed to come open more easily. I thought of using rubber bands as described above, but I'm afraid that this may cause them to open more slowly on impact.

Has anyone actually tried this on a deer? Did they perform as well as they do without the band?

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:32 am

I tried to take the allen screw out of a Rage 2 to make sharprning the blades easier . I got the screw about 1/2 way out and the allen wrench turned in the the screw head . I called the RAGE Customer Service and was told to send the broadhead back and they will replace it . I was told that they use roll pins in place of the screws ............
Semper Fi !

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:17 pm

JPH,

I killed a doe with the rubber band on my rage and without. Both of which made a hell of a hole. I use the rubber band because I dont want to have to worry about the blades opening up like they have on me before hand. if you decide to try it out let me know how it works for you.

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting