bow shooting delima

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
hookset6969

RE: bow shooting delima

Postby hookset6969 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:18 pm

COPESTER, You need a right handed bow and as WOODS said you need to start shooting as soon as the season ends to get the new feeling build into your form, Think about it, It won't matter how good your form is with that left handed bow if you can't see what you are shooting at, And by the way it is a good practice to shoot with both eye's open [8D] Just my 2 cent's

NCdeerguy

Postby NCdeerguy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:21 am

I have the same predicament, just the opposite: right handed shooter, left eye dominant. I've never had any issue with it. So to the original poster (i know this thread is a little old by now), has it actually caused you any problems, or were you asking based on suggestions from a guy at the local bow shop or something? It may not be a problem for you at all; I hear it thrown around in theory a lot, but not sure if its a significant problem to be worried about. I've spent time shooting instinctively with recurves and compounds with modern sights and I've not had any accuracy issues nor had to make unusual adjustments to my shooting style or bows. I've always just sighted in, made the same minor sight adjustments as anyone else and it worked fine. It's far more important for me to be comfortable and shoot right handed than switch just because of my eye dominance.
Jeremy from NC
Tree hoppin' 'cross state from the mtns of Wilkes to the swamps of Halifax

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:50 am

I was reading this thread again, and I took note of what copester said about felling like..."a girl throwing a ball".

Well now, I know what he meant (awkward and off balance), but having a daughter and niece who played fastpitch tournement softball at the national level for 8 years, and having coached it for 4 of those years, I can tell you that saying that someone "throws like a girl" is a COMPLIMENT!!!

When I would warm up pitchers, I had to wear a pad on my glove hand under my catcher's mitt so that my hand wouldn't go numb from the FIFTY TO SIXTY MPH ball that came at me from 40 feet!!!

My neice was a pitcher and center fielder, and she could throw to THE CATCHER at home plate from mid-center with NO BOUNCE!!!

Maybe what you meant was "throws like an UN-ATHLETIC girl! [:)]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:41 am

I'm the exact opposite and wish I had found this years ago....http://www.peepeliminator.com....seriously has add more that ten yards to my shooting ability

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting