Bowhunting Jacket Advice Needed

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Highlander Archery

RE: Bowhunting Jacket Advice Needed

Postby Highlander Archery » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:29 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

You can't go wrong with fleece.

I know a lot of people are saying wool - but last time I tried it, it made me itch.  Maybe it's different now, but 10 years ago I couldn't wear it.

For layers close to the skin(Like socks) Merino wool is both washable and itchless. Ragg wool and Worsted wool are best as outer layers.

I have always had circulation issues and my fingers and feet suffer greatly even with -100 degree rated boots, until I found Merino Wool socks by Woolrich at Wal Mart. Look for 70 to 80% wool content.

ranwin33

RE: Bowhunting Jacket Advice Needed

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:58 am

ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery
For layers close to the skin(Like socks) Merino wool is both washable and itchless. Ragg wool and Worsted wool are best as outer layers.

I have always had circulation issues and my fingers and feet suffer greatly even with -100 degree rated boots, until I found Merino Wool socks by Woolrich at Wal Mart. Look for 70 to 80% wool content.

Thanks, I'll give them a try.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting