Crossbow Info?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
kr429

Crossbow Info?

Postby kr429 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:02 pm

I'm looking to get back into hunting after raising kids,work and becoming disabled due to a back injury.
I'm wanting to get a crossbow and would like to find some info. on how to pick the right bow for my situation?
I've gotten catalogs from several crossbow makers and I'm now more confused then ever, but really like the Accu-Draw system on the Ten Points! (not sure if it works on other crossbows or not?)
I will be hunting mostly in Mississippi but also have family land in Illinois, but not really sure what the laws are there as far as useing a crossbow?
I'm fully aware of the non-crossbow movement so if I'm in the wrong Forum Please let me know!
Thanks!

Highlander Archery

RE: Crossbow Info?

Postby Highlander Archery » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Excalibur, Ten Point, or Horton are the only ones you want to look at. Excalibur is probably the best bang for the buck. I do believe the Accu-Draw is adaptable to other makes, but you will have to pay for the work.

coach

Postby coach » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:31 pm

I have the Excalibur Pheonix.  Its not the Top of the line Excalibur. But it does the job perfectly.
I've shot a quite a few deer. No problem whats so ever.  A buddy of mine has a Ten Point, not the recurve but with the cams.......I'm sure it would get the job done too....but I prefer my Pheonix.
Easy to change the string. Just as fast.  Your arrow head....up to 40 yards....my Pheonix makes no difference between 100 grain or 125 grain.  Ten Point....125 grain...will shoot 5-7 inches lower at 20 yrds.

I saw the difference myself last fall while target shooting.   But then again....its all about preference.
Get one you like....practice....and enjoy.  They all do the same job once the arrow hits the same target hole.

good luck. 
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

kr429

Postby kr429 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:31 pm

Thanks Guys,
I'm really liking the Ten Point Lazer Hp with the accudraw. but will know more next week when I get back from the Bow Shack and try a few different ones out!
Thanks Again!

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:19 am

Scroll down to the Crossbow Forum . You might get some info from that area ........
Semper Fi !

Return to Archery and Bowhunting