Pendulum Sights??????

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
LongCut

Pendulum Sights??????

Postby LongCut » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:29 pm

Do you/Have you used them and what are your thoughts? Pros/Cons????

reeper0697

RE: Pendulum Sights??????

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:16 am

My uncle has used one for a long time and got me using one. i personally like mine and i just use a cheap savage one. all you have to do is sight it in at 20 yards from the ground and then you're good to go from a few yards from your stand to 30 yards or so (depends on your bow) from a treestand. i had to make minor adjustments up in the tree to get mine to shoot right on. by my personal experience i like mine, i only tree stand hunt with a bow though

ARROWSMITH

Postby ARROWSMITH » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:02 pm

Longcut,

I've used a couple of different ones and wound up pitching them after a couple of days of getting pissed at them.  The big draw back to these is that they are only good to shoot at 30 or less yards.  If you read a few articles on this site, you will see that most of us preach and practice shooting longer yardages to become more accurite at the shorter ones.  Just my opnion, I'd stay away from them.

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:05 pm

I use a Cobra and it works. 20 yards on the ground or up in the tree, it's the same. I took a 10 point with the system at 29 yards without having to try figuring where to hold when the moment of truth came.
There's nothing like being in the outdoors. Work is boring!

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:22 am

[font=tahoma]I have always had trouble judging distance.  I can't begin to tell you how many shots I missed because I used the wrong pin.  I bought a new bow and I noticed that my 20 and 30 yard pins were almost touching.  Where I hunt, it is all deep woods.  I'm not going to get a shot out much farther than 40 yards anyway.  So, I purchased a TruGlo Pendulum Sight and it was one of the best purchases I have ever made!  Two of my hunting buddies have even switched over to pendulum sights.  All you do is sight it in on the ground and when you get up in your stand it automatically compensates out to 35 yards.  I highly recommend it!!![/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]One hint I will tell you is you still have to have really good form when using a pendulum sight.  You have to bend at the waist and not drop your front arm, otherwise the sight won't work right.[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]TruGlo has two models (with two pin options - light or TFO pin) - one is fixed and the other is an adjustable sight so you can use it like a single pin adjustable sight when you are on the ground.  [/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]http://www.truglosights.com/content/products/archery/sights/pendulum_sight.asp[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]ImageImage[/font]
[font=tahoma]TruGlo Pendulum Fixed Sight[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]ImageImage[/font]
[font=tahoma]TruGlo Pendulum Adjustable Sight[/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Return to Archery and Bowhunting