Officially Handicapped

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Squirrelhawker

Officially Handicapped

Postby Squirrelhawker » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:51 am

I've tried my best. PT, weight training, anti-inflammatories, cranking the bow down to pre-coming apart settings. After the debacle with a nice buck on opening day, I decided to draw early the next time and try and wait it out. Monday night here she comes right on schedule. And naturally taking her sweet old time about it. Eventually I had to let down and she caught me. Then I thought to myself, go get in your ground blind and that will hide all the exaggerated movement you need to get the cams to roll over. No dice. Sitting down, I got nothin'.

I called special licenses in Albany and overnighted my application for a modified archery permit. My bow gets fitted with a draw-Loc thursday.

I'm not happy about it. But I'm even less happy about the thought of giving up.

AfterShock95

RE: Officially Handicapped

Postby AfterShock95 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:51 pm

just keep shotting your bow. You'll always be a bow hunter. And never give up I went 10 years before I ever got my first bow kill.

hunter480

RE: Officially Handicapped

Postby hunter480 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:04 pm

That`s gotta be tough, I really do have a feel for where you`re coming from.

Don`t let it get you too down though, you`ll be notching a tag again soon, then all the good feelings about hunting will come back to you.

Return to Archery and Bowhunting