TREESTAND BOW HOLDERS

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Konk

TREESTAND BOW HOLDERS

Postby Konk » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:44 am

I was wondering what my fellow hunters use to hold their bow while in their treestand? I use the short 2 piece Team Real Tree EZ holder. Have any of you ever used the long 2 piece EZ holder or the tri fold EZ holder? I want to try something different to get my bow in a better position. Thanks

Konk
Member;
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association
Sticks N' Limbs Camo Prostaff
Carson-Optics Prostaff
www.bowhuntingstore.com

bowhuntergreg

RE: TREESTAND BOW HOLDERS

Postby bowhuntergreg » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:46 pm

Konk
I hunt out of a tree stand with a saftey bar that raps around the front.
So I just lay my bow on the saftey bar untill I need to pick it up.
Bowhuntergreg

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:51 pm

I use a two piece (I think EZ hanger).  What a great invention!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:48 pm

I use my hand, Always at the ready this way.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:57 pm

not sure what the name of it is, but the one i have is about 4 feet long but it folds out about halfway.  screws into the tree and it's like an arm where you can swing that other 2 feet back and forth wherever you want to get that bow in a perfect spot for you.  it's one of my necessities when i go out in the field!

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:13 pm

I use the 3 piece ez hanger and wouldnt go in the woods without it. The only thing is with it being longer than the 2 piece is when you put it in a pine or other real soft wood you really have to screw it in deep other wise it tends to move down because of leverage. Small problem that Im willing to deal with. My dad uses this as well and hunts in alot of pines so he took it to work and welded a longer bolt onto it to solve this problem. In my opinion the 3 piece puts the bow exactly where I want it.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:06 am

i also use my hand its always there & ready,but i open up the top of my lacrosse boot & stick the end of my bow in it so my arm doesnt hold all of the weight all day long
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:31 am

I use the 3-piece EZ holder as well.  Pleny of hooks to hold your grunt tube and hang your rattlin horns and gives you alot of flexibility in terms of positioning your bow exactly where you need it.  I must agree though you do need to screw it in deep in softwood trees.  I usually find a nice oak or maple to crawl up in and occasionally a cedar or too, so I don't have to screw it in too deep.  However, the few times I was in a pine I had to screw it in at a downward angle and very deep to get it to level out and not drop.  I will not go in the woods without it and it can be useful during gun season too, not only to prop or suspend your gun, but double as a shooting or steady support as well, provided it's low enough.  I'm not sure what I did before these gadgets!!![:)]
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:02 am

I like to have mine in my lap. You never know when the moment of truth is about to unfold.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:24 am

I have short legs so when I sit in a stand my legs angle down (from my hips to my knees) so when I hold a bow on my lap , it tends to slide down .
I have tried a few different bow holders and havn't had very good luck except for one of them . It fastens to the rail on a ladder stand but I don't know if it would work on a chain-on stand .

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting