TREESTAND BOW HOLDERS

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Konk

RE: TREESTAND BOW HOLDERS

Postby Konk » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:16 am

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

I have short legs so when I sit in a stand my legs angle down (from my hips to my knees) so when I hold a bow on my lap , it tends to slide down .
I have tried a few different bow holders and havn't had very good luck except for one of them . It fastens to the rail on a ladder stand but I don't know if it would work on a chain-on stand .

That one realy looks like it would work well. Do you know the name of it and where you got it?
Member;
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association
Sticks N' Limbs Camo Prostaff
Carson-Optics Prostaff
www.bowhuntingstore.com

fireflyparamedic

Postby fireflyparamedic » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:58 am

fasteddie, the bow holder you show looks like it does the job. would you be concerned about your bow possibly being knocked out accidently. i use the 2-piece ez hanger but have found that it is too short and need to get either a longer one or a holder like yours and use the hanger to hang my pak.
fireflyparamedic

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:54 pm

No concern about the bow falling out of the holder. The weight of the bow leaning forward puts enough tension on it to hold the bow in place !

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:12 am

the type i used on my climber for years was called a foster style i belive. ive switched to the swing arm style this year and love it. i also made a harness style holder by using one of the pocket style holders that hang from a belt. i hang the holder from the chest strap of my harness, then i run a piece of nylon strap with quick clips at either end through my harness in the rear and around each side clipping the clips to my string above the nock sets. my bow is safely held rigth in front of me ready for use. whe needed i just unhook the clips. this setup has worked great as it requires very little movement in the moment of truth.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

shadow

Postby shadow » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:48 pm

I also use the type that Fasteddie uses and that is pictured, it works very well I have it attached to my stand by my left arm and it holds the bow in place securely.
I also had been worried about the bow being knocked out, but like Fasteddie said the weight of the bow holds it securely in place, and I have it mounted so that its right by my arm and hand ready to be removed from the holder without much movement on my part to get it. I don't think you'd be dissapointed with it. I got mine at a Cabela's store for 15.00, and its also listed in their Archery catalog.

fireflyparamedic

Postby fireflyparamedic » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:45 am

I'll have to give a try. Do you guys have an arrow ready and nocked or do you get one ready when you see a deer moving in.
firefly

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:08 am

I was at DICK's Sporting Goods Store this afternoon and bought another holder like the picture I posted . $ 9.99 plus tax ...........[:)]

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:09 am

Oh yeah , I have an arrow nocked .................[:-]

fireflyparamedic

Postby fireflyparamedic » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:26 am

Fasteddie,
From the looks of your pic, do you have the holder on the upper portion of your stand. Looks like a member of the cross rail. Also just wanted to make sure other people nock an arrow. Guess the less movement and noise the better.
firefly

PreviousNext

Return to Archery and Bowhunting