Mechanicals vs. Fixed Broadheads

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
passin through

RE: Mechanicals vs. Fixed Broadheads

Postby passin through » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:44 pm

Weekend 3 update from the Tribe
Mechanicals held the day but all the other Indians decided to become pilgrims and used Muzzle loaders and 444's this weekend except me and Droptine. 

Totals for the weekend are two deer down to archery tackle and 5 to firearms.
I killed both the archery animals....a doe on Friday afternoon and a 7pt on Sunday afternoon.  Both fell to the rage 2 blade and both were recovered quickly with decent blood despite my shooting high on one and shoulder shooting the other. 

One funny quote I did hear ---- after using the 444 this weekend, father says to son " boy if anybody ever points one of those at you and tells you to do something, you just say yessir"  to which the son, who had also shot a doe with the 444 said " Pop, if anybody ever points one of those at me and tells me to do something , he'll be talking to himself , cause I'm leaving!"[:D]

passin through

RE: Mechanicals vs. Fixed Broadheads

Postby passin through » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:50 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

ORIGINAL: BruceBruce1959

My guess is Rage will be just a passing fad. 
(fad: a practice or interest followed for a time with exaggerated zeal)

Hey guys, as the fad passes, send me a PM. I'll take your Rage's off your hands for you. [;)]

Me too I could use the spares! 

That Muzzy 200 club .... is that how far you gotta track one?Image  I shot a coon with a Muzzy mx4 last weekend and did not even get a pass through....same shot this weekend in almost the exact same spot and I get a pass through both shoulder blades of a 90lb doe.  She didn't get mx'd up though, she just felt the Rage[:D]

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting