Ground Blind on public property

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
cjkrw

Ground Blind on public property

Postby cjkrw » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:34 am

Ok, so I was wondering if it would be worth it to try and use a ground blind on public hunting property or not...

It would have to be something I could easily carry in and out twice a day.

Would the deer wonder what the heck it was?

What kind would I need?

Ive never used one before so Im not sure what to look for or expect. Just looking for some thoughts and ideas. Would it be worth it? Any tips or tricks? Brand/type of blind to use? Are they heavy? Hard to put up?

Any and all info on this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks!

P.s. I cant imagine it could be much worse than leaning on a tree for hours on end. That kills my back ;)

8uck5nort

RE: Ground Blind on public property

Postby 8uck5nort » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:58 am

I would be very wary of using a ground blind on public property during certain times (The openeing days of firearms to be exact. I would be wary of it even on private land). Otherwise I don't see any problems with it. I personaly use a Gorilla telescoping blind which is not a full enclosure, but if you play the wind and set it against thick cover so you blend. I use a three legged camping stool to keep me off the ground as well. I have had deer within 20 yards walk right by without showing any signs of spooking even when I drew back on my bow. That whole setup is less than 5 pounds and is very portable. I also use the ground blind to look for decent climbing stand trees that I typically will use later in the afternoon. It keeps those deer guessing!

Good Luck!
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Return to Archery and Bowhunting