Jumping the string

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Blazed

RE: Jumping the string

Postby Blazed » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:39 am

I came here to learn, and learnin's what I'm doing.

I ditched the tube peep, and in the process, because of my going with a shurz with a smaller opening got more accurate, and more quiet.

I put on some string silencers and my shot got quieter.

But it still stuck in my head that the deer were alert before the shot. Thanks to all your comments. Then this Sunday night I was in my treestand and drew my bow back to be sure I had clearance. It was dead silent out. My arrow drawing across my Whisker B sounded like fingernails on the chalkboard!! (For those youngin's, a dry marker on the whiteboard) I had gone to carbon and a new biscuit this summer, and never realized how loud it was. My heartbeat must have covered up the sound to me on my shots.

I'm not willing to ditch the biscuit, so I need to quiet it and the arrows. The methods I have googled are: a cotton ball drawn through the opening, and steel wool on the arrows to smooth the finish. I am open to other methods incase these don't calm the noise.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:26 pm

try some odorless bow or gun oil. rub a very light amount on your arrows. what knid of finish is on your arrows? how many shots have you put through your biscuit? when iwas using a biscuit i was shooting beman ics arrows.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:26 pm

Spray some Armorall on your arrow shafts and then wipe it on the entire shaft and let it dry . This stuff also works well if you are shooting at a 3D target but that's another story .
As for putting anything on the WB itself , not sure what to do .........

Goose

Postby Goose » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks for the update, dont know what to tell ya with the bisc. but Im glad your shooting better and quieter and the most important thing is confidence.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting