What Ruins your Hunt?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Ledfoot

RE: What Ruins your Hunt?

Postby Ledfoot » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:51 pm

In response to the cell phone, you must not have the right ring tones, I like my cell phone for the added calls while in the field. To DL these files click here.-- http://www.yodaddys.com/RRC/wl_ringtones.zip , unzip and copy to your phone and add as ring tones for while in the woods, you still don't have to answer every call, but it's nice for the extra noises in the woods...
Below is a list of ringtones in .zip file. Any questions, let me know. Good Luck

Ledfoot
"Vegetarian"- Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter!"

BerkHunter

Postby BerkHunter » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Nothing worse than being all settled in and hearing another hunter set uo and start using there climber. clink clank!

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:22 pm

ORIGINAL: trapperDave

"hunters" on ATV's too lazy to walk to their stand. Its funny when ya talk to em and they're complaining about not seeing deer...duh.

Absolutely ATV's, hunters and recreational riders, show no respect for property lines or other people.  JMIO but if your going to use a ATV for hunting you should be required to get a medical waiver.  Recreational riders should be required to pass a reading test, since most of them can't read a NO TRESPASSING or KEEP OUT sign.  
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

djs5251

Postby djs5251 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:19 pm

I have had numerous occasions where I get nestled in the stand and another "hunter" comes busting through the brush walking down the trail I'm sitting over.  Even after alerting them of my location, they continually come through day after day.  That's frustrating.

marshall9779

Postby marshall9779 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:52 am

After moving to MD last year and deer season starting mid Sept. now, the mosquitos are killing me. I didn't use any repelant last year for fear of spooking deer. I just covered up and let them try and eat through my clothes. I did pickup a thing of OFF Unscented Deep Woods, which is just deet . Even though it's just Deet, it still smells. If I can smell it, I know the deer can. I am thinking of trying a Thermacell. Are they really scent free?

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:03 am

Other hunters..Hands down, I get bummed when I walk out to my stand and notice someone eles has been there.. I dont know what they have done, or how long they where there. It always bums me out too when I cant go out to the woods and enjoy the peace and quite.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 am

Cell phones are important as a saftey feature if you or someone in your party gets in trouble.  Also, hunters on my land need to communicate to each other if they are going to leave their stands for any reason. I rarely get intrusive calls when I'm hunting.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:16 am

Dogs.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:03 am

Once I counted a squirrel bark over 100 times in a row...drove me nuts, but it would have to be other hunters setting up near me on private property.  I have to get out of my stand to run them off.

Bigfoot

Postby Bigfoot » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:48 pm

ATV'S AND SNOWMOBILES espcially when they need new or have no MUFFLERS ON THEM

our one neighbor every day of deer season(except when their gun hunting) like clockwork once it gets to where their's an hour left,out comes the atv driven by the young kid and we dont let him drive by the house we make sure he drives 100 yards away so that he's 5 yards away from the property line so that he can hoot and holler and drive around in circles,so that you wish you had brought ear protection from how loud it is(i can literally sit at the far back end of our place and hear the thing as soon as it start's up 300+ yards away,i have taken ear muffs out their to ARCHERY HUNT just so i wouldn't have to listen as much to that non-sense)

and then when the water freezes sufficiently the same neighbors race their snowmobile's and these things are so loud from 400 yards away that 2 hunters hunting 75 yards about cant hear each other when one of them shoots their muzzleloader,oh and this goes on for 4-5 hours at a time

and since i'm unloading on the neighbors let's also mention that it's always a good idea to set up a tower blind so that any deer that pops out of the woods(that you dont own or have permission to hunt) we can take that 150 yard shot at and dont worry about where that bullet will go should we miss or anything(which makes our woods over their unsafe to hunt during any gun season thanks to those idiots)

and i must 2nd the previous poster about squirrels it never fails when you get dry crunchy leaves out their,their will be 2,3,4 of them that just have to chase or bark at each other for 2-3 hours.......then you watch a deer get 60-70 yards away hear all the noise but not be able to see what's causing it,then they get nervous and leaves,which usually results in me taking the .22 squirrel hunting the next night

PreviousNext

Return to Archery and Bowhunting